CDNN has SigP226's in stock for $499

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by itisbruno, Feb 8, 2013.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

DAK with rails and night sights or the original design.with 3 dot sights.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I just got their email, man I wish I had the cash!

3. OK. I'm going to let my ignorance show through here, what is the DAK? I googled it and it is regarding the trigger/hammer setup, but someone here can probably explain it better.

Also I'm not familiar with SIG pricing, but if that's anew gun that sounds like a good price to me, would you say it is?

4. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Me too, I bought a 228 and a 226 already this week, sitting this one out.

These are NOT new ... New they are $800 firearms. The DAK's are police?Homeland trade ins.

This ARTICLE explains the DAK pretty well.

Not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

#4 itisbruno, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  5. I didn't figure they were new, because I thought their prices were higher to begin with. Not that I'm saying their prices are unjustified. I didn't get the email, so used condition is not clear, but if it was specified as good to vg condition I'd say they're worth that.

6. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Condition says VG, I recently paid $465 for a good condition for a Swiss police trade in, so given todays environment, not a bad price ... I got a $399 G30 trade in from them late last year that was rated VG and am very pleased with it.

7. So in laymans terms a DAK is essentially a double action only system with a lightened trigger pull, vs the "traditional" DA/SA sig setup.

I do shoot revolvers a lot double action, so I guess the DAK might not be a bad option as its advantage would be a consistent pull, vs the heavy/light pull of the da/sa trigger.

8. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Sorta. Double Action Kellerman.

It has two reset points as you let the trigger out. First reset point has a heavier pull than if you let it out all the way. About eight pounds versus six to six and a half. I believe the intended purpose was to account for if the shooter short stroked the trigger. Technically you're supposed to operate it like a standard DAO trigger and let it all the way out and not use the intermediate reset. Up to you.

It doesn't stink. I prefer H&K LEM myself.

You can convert a Sig from DAK to DA/SA and back with the correct parts.

#8 HKLovingIT, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  9. Gotcha. I didn't initially understand that it had two reset points.

#9 jdeere_man, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  10. Quickly, we must buy every single one!! :)

11. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Buy one for me to!

12. If you are ok with a DA trigger, the DAK is a very good consistent trigger for every shot. Like a well tuned revolver. No safety, decocker or any other things to manipulate.

13. tnedator

Lifetime Member

Got a link? I can't find it on their website.

14. I'm not big on the dak trigger, but that's a great price.

15. I don't normally play Internet Price Is Right but will say that I did not pay a whole lot less than that for my P226 CPO and that has been a few years.