close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCW sheepdog foils robbery with headshot.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Electrikkoolaid, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

Mar 1, 2010
    Robber enter convenience store and pulls a gun on clerk.

Shopper in store, seeing the robber, pulls his own weapon and takes one shot.

Robber leaves on stretcher, airlifted to local trauma center in critical condition.

Full story here.

2. bigbluedodge

bigbluedodge

May 19, 2012
    Looks like it worked out for the guy CC'ing, I hate seeing the ones where they arrest the guy for shooting when he was not in danger!

3. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL
  4. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
  5. Chris Brines

Chris Brines

Feb 11, 2012
    Houston
    As far as I am concerned, if someone walks into a store that I am in, or any member of my family is in, pulls a GUN for criminal actions, our lives are in danger. Whether he points it at us or directly threatens us with it or not, it is still a situation I'd be scared for my life. And I'd be damned if I sat there trying to guage and predict an obviously dangerous person's next move, because I am more concerned with not going to jail, than defending my own life and that of my family. I'd have done the same thing only a double or triple tap.

As far as I'm concerned if the "criminal justice" system wasn't so F'd up we wouldn't have these problems to begin with. I'd be willing to bet this wasn't this guy's first time doing this, and I bet he's been to jail a few times already.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  6. sheepdog

sheepdog Texan

Jun 18, 2001
    Texas
  7. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

This seems to be a reasonable approach.

8. bigbluedodge

bigbluedodge

May 19, 2012
    Dont get me wrong, I agree with you, but it is stupid that sometimes people get detained for that same thing. How do you consider yourself not in danger if you are in the same room with a guy shooting people, even if you are near the door!

9. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    :rofl:

10. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012

I 100% agree with you.

11. TJS

TJS

Mar 29, 2003
    Sweet Tea Country!
    from the story link in the first post: At the time of the incident, Vann was being sought by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms for outstanding narcotics and firearm violations." Seems the suspect was wanted. Good to see the good guy was not charged.

12. Chris Brines

Chris Brines

Feb 11, 2012
    Houston
    Even if I am walking OUT the door, or hell if I am already in the parking lot, and someone starts shooting people INSIDE whatever building we are imagining here, I'd genuinely fear my life is in danger. I'd DEFINITELY do the same thing in that case. Yet another reason not to let them step all over your states self defense laws.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  13. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
  14. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    That sounds pretty good. Unfortunate that they printed his name in the story though.

15. RightGlock1

RightGlock1

Feb 12, 2010
    + 1000. I've never understood why the media does this.
    (Other than to create more news). The CHL holder, just gets a target put on him not only by the media, but the perps family and associates. If the dead or wounded perp's friends or family are looking for payback, the media has just handed them the person on a silver platter. Amazing that even with their seemingly limited brain capacity for good, gang bangers know how to use social media and the internet to find what they need. I know the CHL has already defended themselves, but why make an already stressful situation worse by putting their ID out to the world.

16. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa

:agree:+1
    Yes just look at what their doing to Zman in FL. If he had not had his gun most likely he would of been found dead or in a coma and the story read that he was attacked by unknown assailant or assailants.

17. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

I'd do my best to remain anonymous. But sometimes that is not possible. George Zimmerman is a good example.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012