close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW rig for new job

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by mdalle01, Jun 27, 2011.

1. mdalle01

mdalle01

Nov 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Folks, this is a resurrected thread from 2011. The current posts begin HERE.

Please do not ask questions of members' posts made in 2011, expect a response, and get upset when there is no response...:supergrin: Some of those members are no longer active.

I’ve been carrying my G26 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Delux IWB holster for a long time now and absolutely love it. However, I am starting a new job in a couple weeks that will require me to wear dress slacks and a tucked-in shirt, so I’m looking for a system that is more concealable for my new work attire.

As for the firearm, I’m leaning towards a small single-stack 9mm, like the Kahr PM9 for example.

As for the carry system, I’m kind of lost and need some help. An IWB holster…perhaps the CBST w/ the Velcro clips? What about a shoulder holster, ankle holster, pocket holster, bellyband, or perhaps the SmartCarry holster? What deep concealment holster do you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  2. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Nov 12, 2005
    Louisiana
    Try a tuckable IWB or ankle holster first.

Seems like shoulder holsters are a pain, but I've never worn one.

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Smith and Wesson 442 in a pocket or on your ankle.

I try to always carry my P239 and a reload OWB, but sometimes you just cant dress around that.

When forced to wear dress clothes I rely on my jframe in my pocket.

4. McMillan

McMillan

Dec 28, 2007
    Texas
    Fist #22 with velcro clips has my vote as i carry appendix
    Second to that a smartcarry with a kahr would work quite well.

I'm actually looking at picking up a kahr CM9 for this reason

5. Cheytac

Cheytac

Mar 22, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Tucker Gun Leather, tuckable IWB... :wavey:

6. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    I would ask the boss what they use to carry. Nothing like scoring some brownie points with the boss...

7. mdalle01

mdalle01

Nov 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Hey, thanks for the input guys.

If I had a boss like that I'd be set.

8. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    Everyday I carry a g26 in a hybrid holster that I made, which is similar to the cbst. I wear cinch jeans with a polo shirt tucked in. I drive up to 350 miles a day and it is very comfortable and concealed.

9. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
    I don't think you will have a problem carrying your 26 in your cbst. I do it everyday without a problem with khakis and a tucked in shirt. No one has even pointed out the clips on the holster (even with their crosses :) ). I would suggest wearing darker colored shirts if possible.

10. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    What do you mean?

11. I have a PM9 with a pocket holster. I prefer the LCP in the pocket... It really is much lighter (6+1) than the PM9 (6+1). Especially in dress slacks, the pm9 feels like a brick.

I went LCP + CT grips for $449 before taxes. Never looked back.

12. Manzoli7

Manzoli7

Apr 6, 2010
    I used to run a large vending machine route. With medium size smart carry I could conceal a snub nose, and a medium to almost a large size semi auto. Sometimes I would have my tennis style shirt untucked and turn it sideways and use it to carry a K frame 357 cross draw. If I was wearing a tucked in shirt and tie for a business meating with a new client I could carry a 5 shot snub 357 right in front. I would have a speed strip of realoads in the other pocket of the holster. With the shirt and tie I could also carry the snub cross draw with the handel just under my belt line. with cross draw I would put the front tail of the shirt on the side the gun was on under the smart carry and the other front tail over the smart carry. Those tucker holsters leave visible belt clips. Smart carry is hidden completley. If you get one try it in different positions at home with different pants.

It is the most versitile holster I have ever owned. Also the guns you mentioned are very light so they will not wear out the waist band of the holster. Chek with the company what size will work with your specific guns.

13. mdalle01

mdalle01

Nov 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    I wear fitted dress shirts that really hug my body and the width of the G26 in a CBST creates a bulge that is just too noticeable and sloppy looking. I will be working in an office setting for a local non-profit agency, so it's critical that not only is my firearm concealed well, but that I maintain a professional appearance at all times.

My intuition tells me that my new boss is an anti-gunner.

I finished grad school last year and this is the first job that I have been able to get in my field. I don't want to do anything to mess up this opportunity.

The LCP is my wife's favorite carry piece, but I've been known to slip in my pocket for a quick trip to the gas station every now and then. This might be an option, but I have to say, I really prefer 9mm.

Wow, thank for this info.

I've been interested in the SmartCarry holster for a while now. I always thought it would be a good option for when I go jogging. I will definitely give this holster further consideration.

14. Glock21sf-miami

Glock21sf-miami

Jul 25, 2008
    J frame in a smartcarry...

15. CFS

CFS

Jun 11, 2008
    North Florida
    Belly band.....and carry what you want!
    Done it for years.

Pop

16. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Walther PPS is a nice CCW piece. It's what I use when I need to go thin.

17. mdalle01

mdalle01

Nov 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to try my luck with a single-stack 9mm in a SmartCarry holster and see how this system works. I will probably pick up a CBST IWB holster w/ velcro clips as well.

18. FlyboyLDB

FlyboyLDB

Jul 6, 2007
    Here is what I utilize when I need super concealed. http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Shirts/Undergear-Shirts/Holster-Shirt.html I can carry a Glock 27 with no issues. I have even carried my Glock 23. My Kel-Tec PF9 works the best. Comes in black or white and they even have V necks if you desire. The biggest con is that the shirt itself gets a little toasty. But if you will be inside in the AC, should be no problem.

19. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    Then carrying at work is a bad idea.

20. mdalle01

mdalle01

Nov 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    That looks like an excellent deep concealment option. Thanks.