close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCW price going up?

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by CentralMsGunFan, Feb 28, 2008.

1. CentralMsGunFan

CentralMsGunFan Packin Preacher

Jan 25, 2006
    have you guys heard about a House Bill(i think) that is proposing the raising of the price for the ccw permits and other things like DLs and inspection sticks.

2. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
    i haven't heard but would like to know

3. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    I don't think so. Here it is (changes are underlined):

http://index.ls.state.ms.us/isysnative/UzpcRG9jdW1lbnRzXDIwMDhcbm90ZGVhZFxzYlwyNDAwLTI0OTlcc2IyNDExY3MucGRm/sb2411cs.pdf#xml=http://10.240.72.35/isysquery/irlae13/12/hilite

Looks like they are reducing the renewal fee for folks 65 and older:

I also like this change:

4. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    I like the mail idea also. Of course, it doesn't matter to me now, but I remember the worst part about the whole process was trying to make time to drive the 30 minutes (one way) to the nearest MHP substation during the few hours per week they were processing permit apps.

5. CentralMsGunFan

Jan 25, 2006
    here it is HOUSE BILL NO. 1405. Yet another peice of work from Steve Holland.

"TO INCREASE THE PORTION OF ASSESSMENT ON CERTAIN TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS WHICH ARE TO BE DEPOSITED INTO THE MISSISSIPPI TRAUMA CARE SYSTEMS FUND; TO AMEND SECTION 63-1-43, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO INCREASE THE INITIAL AND RENEWAL DRIVER'S LICENSE FEE AND TO PROVIDE THAT THIS INCREASE IS TO BE DEPOSITED INTO THE MISSISSIPPI TRAUMA CARE SYSTEMS FUND; TO AMEND SECTION 45-9-101, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO INCREASE THE LICENSE RENEWAL FEE TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON;"

http://index.ls.state.ms.us/isysnat...ttp://10.240.72.35/isysquery/irlb42a/1/hilite

6. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    From what I can tell from this, he wants to raise the RENEWAL fees only (to $60). However, it also looks like he wants to cut the issuance time in half for the initial permit. It says the DPS shall issue it within 60 days, instead of the current 120.

7. CentralMsGunFan

Jan 25, 2006
    Yeah I saw the 60 days thing. Im certainly ok with that. But raising the renewal fee, even once cent, is not ok with me. I think it is dumb to make me have to pay for what the founding fathers gave me already, much less increase the fee.

8. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    99% of the politicians and 100% of the liberals would charge you for air to breathe if they could figure out a way.

9. Dean

Dean

Nov 4, 2006
    Want a pistol license in NYC? It'll cost you, and that's just to apply. You won't BELIEVE how much. I don't even want to post the figure. It's obscene.

10. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
    yeah a buddy of mine just moved from NY and he said its just crazy the process and money you have to go through to get one.