close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCW permit holder injures 4 people in an Orlando Restaurant...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Toorop, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    Link to article.

I wonder if they had a "No Guns" sign before this incident. And I wonder if they do now?

2. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Apr 24, 2008
    Northwest Louisiana
    A CHL holder not using a holster? Good grief.

While he wasn't arrested, I'm sure that a ND like this qualifies as criminal negligence due to the injuries others suffered. I can imagine lawsuits against the man and against his CHL trainer. The question to consider is whether the CHL training included instructions on safe concealed carry with a proper holster. While most on this board understand this, not all carriers do (obviously).

I envision a lawyer feeding frenzy.

3. Christian944

Christian944

Jun 22, 2010
    Ok, It was me, I did it!

(i live in orlando)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  4. bob_fuller

bob_fuller

Nov 8, 2008
    Ankeny, Iowa
    freaking retard. too bad he didn't shoot his junk off so he can't make more idiots like himself.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Wonder what kinda gun he was carrying... Frankly, he should be charged w/ negligence. When are people gonna learn?

IGF

6. This had to be some .22 Derringer, or some crappy Saturday night special.. Any quality handgun would never go off when dropped on the floor.

7. E-Money

E-Money

May 1, 2008
    Nothing in the article stated the pistol fell out, hit the ground, and then fired. In fact, it stated that the owner suffered "powder burns and abrasions to his leg". Indicating that it went off while on his person.

From the article: "The gun owner wasn't arrested because he had a concealed weapons permit, but could be charged with negligence."

Very intriguing, but I'm guessing he will definitely suffer due to negligence. But there also must be more to the story. How can you be let off scott free for negligence just because you have a CCW?

A horrible/tragic incident indeed. The article does state "but the gun was in his pants with no holster." It's on his head to be accountable for what happened as it appears he had not properly secured his weapon.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  8. Holy crap. I'm glad that no one was seriously wounded from this unbelievably stupid event. This guy should have his gun privileges taken away. And, with all due respect, I realize that gun rights for all citizens are clearly defined in our Constitution but this diaper-load has shown that he is clueless when it comes to properly handling/carrying firearms.

9. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
  10. Well then, that settles it. The guy was just a dumbass, not the pistol.

11. SgtScott31

SgtScott31

Jan 17, 2011
    In TN it would likely be agg reckless endangerment. Regardless of the criminal aspect, he's definitely going to be looking at a lawsuit.

12. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
  13. ftw13

ftw13

Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth,TX
    every pistol is a glock according to the media,just like every long gun is an AK47 assault rifle

14. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Assuming it was an XD and in proper working order, what chain of events had to occur for that thing to go off, short of him grabbing the grip and pulling the trigger??
    :headscratch:

:rofl::rofl:

15. debbert

debbert

Apr 20, 2011
    North Perry, OH
    I can see the "anti-gunners" using this one incident as an example for why it shouldn't be legal for restaurant carry.

If you're gonna carry, be responsible about it.

16. Kriterian

Kriterian

Feb 2, 2011
    Cary, NC
    The article that mentioned it was a Glock 9mm stated that he was "playing" with the pistol in his pocket while waiting to be seated at the restaurant. It went off in his pocket, burned and caused leg abrasions, then sent floor tile fragments into 3 others.

Never mind needing a good holster, the guy just needed ANY holster. What a moron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.