Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

CCW insurance (Texas shield?)

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by arm chair kommando, Dec 22, 2010.

1. arm chair kommando

arm chair kommando lolUmad?

Dec 9, 2010
    Hello Mas, I've spent countless hours watching your older videos, and reading articles/replies to people in this GATE.

I asked this question in the carry issues section of the forum, however one mentioned an opposing lawyer could use this against me stating I was just "waiting" to shoot someone, as reason to having CCW insurance.

I figured who else better to ask than the man who has probably forget more knowledge and information on self defense than I could ever learn in my lifetime. Is getting insurance for a "pro gun" attorney a good strategy if (god forbid) you should ever have to use your firearm in a self defense situation, and not want to go bankrupt? I remember reading a while back you mentioning you've seen self defense shooters have to spend upwards of 15-20k on an attorney to maintain their innocents. I thank you in advance for you sharing your extensive knowledge with us.

Best regards.
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm not familiar with Texas Shield, though I am active with Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, which is not insurance per se (

The argument that having a plan in place for such an emergency means you were planning to commit murder, is a little like arguing that if your home is insured against fire, you must be an arsonist. I would expect a good lawyer to shoot it down for you.

If the case goes to trial, the figures you quoted are probably on the low side, unfortunately.