close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ccw in Fairfax

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by jhaygood, Apr 26, 2007.

1. jhaygood

jhaygood

Apr 2, 2007
    Does anyone know how to check the status/wait time for ccw in Farifax?

2. I submitted my renewal last November. They took the entire 45 days. I noticed that my return envelope was dated over a week after the date on the CHP!

There was no change in address or any other status

3. My renewal took about 49 days in Fairfax.

I went down and made them give me a temporary.

4. Diokan

Diokan

May 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Mine took like 35 days. I wouldn't bother trying to check, unless you've gone past the 45 days.

5. If it's been 46 days go down to the court house with your receipt and have them give you a certified copy of your application. That becomes your permit.

That's what I did. Permit showed up the next day. They probably mailed it out the afternoon of the morning I picked up the temporary.

6. txminime

txminime

May 6, 2004
    Allen, TX
    Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but have anyone went through the process of applying for a CCW permit as a certified NRA pistol instructor? Technically, I guess I can teach myself and then sign a certificate for completion, but that would be rather silly. :)

I recently moved to Fairfax area from Dallas and finally settled in enough to think about getting a CCW permit. I was expecting an lengthy state-approved CCW course as part of the process (as in Texas), but it was a pleasant surprise to find quite a few different options for "training".

Francis

7. Francis,

The law pretty much allows ANY NRA firearms training course.

That includes NRA instructors courses.

Just give the court house a copy of your NRA Instructor credentials.

You won't have any problems.

They have to take even a Hunter Safety Certificate, not matter how old it is.

8. txminime

txminime

May 6, 2004
    Allen, TX
    Thank you. It's a relieve knowing I won't have to sit through my own basic firearm safety course. :)

Francis

9. jhaygood

jhaygood

Apr 2, 2007
    I got my ccw today it was issued last Friday so that means that it only took about 35 days to issue and another 6 days to go through the mail. Thanks for all the replies.