Glock Talk banner

CCW holsters for G19's

15K views 54 replies 50 participants last post by  GWG19 
#1 ·
What is your holster of choice for everyday Concealed Carry of a G19? Thanks...

#29 ·
#30 ·
Raven Concealment Phantom. I've got the OWB model hooked up now, but also have the soft loops for IWB carry. I prefer to carry between appendix and 3:00 normally.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hol...modular-holster/phantom-modular-holster-glock

Here is a great video showing that an open top holster has enough retention to get you through the typical day and a bit more. As a side note, your testosterone will go up 50 points just from watching it. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLt74y5QwY"]Raven Concealment Phantom Holster Test - YouTube[/ame]

#31 ·
That Raven video is awesome :thumbsup:

I wanted a Raven but didn't want to wait so I went with a X-Concealment Generation2 "C" Series holster for my Gen 4 19. It has great retention and works excellent with my Wilderness Original Instructor Belt.

I recieved the holster just a few days after placing the order. I also use the double mag pouch from X.

X-Concealment

#33 ·
White Hat Holsters makes a really nice and economical IWB similar to CompTac and CrossBreed. The options list is very impressive for the price. The combat cut is better for immediate grip on draw but it also allows the texture of my Gen4 glocks to give my skin an excessive exfolliating session that can be irritating unless a t-shirt is tucked in (easy in cooler weather with an over shirt- not so easy in hot and humid weather)

#35 ·
I alternate between my Galco Triton, posted above, and a cut-down Kholster, which is another one of the supertuck-style holsters. I ordered a Remora last week for it too, since when I don't feel like carrying (but I know I should), I take my Taurus 709 along in one and quite like the holster.

#37 · (Edited)
OWB (which I carry 99% of the time) -- High Noon Slideguard or Sidearmor Modular OWB. Usually its the High Noon, I just pull out the Sidearmor when camping or when the weather calls for heavy rain, and I don't want my leather to get wet (also have a Wilderness belt for this purpose).

IWB... Comp-Tac MTac.

#38 ·
Whitehat Holsters MaxTuck. I can order it and go pick it up because they're local. They do image screening and parts replacement. I've ordered a 101 Kydex OWB that's basically similar to a Raven but only have to wait a maximum of 14 days.

I went with my own leather backing on these because I didn't like how thin the original leather was. Now these are great.

#48 ·
I've tried: CTAC, MTAC, Kramer #2 and #3 @4:00 carry.

and in AIWB: Highnoon's Mr Softy, Uppercut, Hideaway with straps and with clip, Dale Fricke's Archangel & Joab, and a few other small company kydex holsters.

I've since settled on the Sparks SSII for G19 carry and relegated AWIB to subcompact only, in my case- a 5 shot snub.

I liked the sweatguard on the Kramer more as it was minimalist, and the cant on the #3, but over all I felt the SS2 was a thinner package, and I also prefer the snaps and replaceable belt loops. Though I hear the Kramer loops dont ever stretch...

As always, would appreciate any #3 pics on the belt!

#49 ·
MTAC for everything except the little PM9 (I pocket carry that in an Alabama Holsters).

Blade-Tech Nano is a very good, miminal holster but just not quite as comfortable as the MTAC. Quick on/off though. I got one for my M&P 45c and my M&P 40 and 9c and Glock 19 also fit it!

#51 ·
For now, all my IWB holsters are MTAC. G19, G26, PM9. They are not pretty, but they work well once broken in, and they are pretty comfortable.

I will eventually try an all leather IWB, probably. Based upon my impressions of Tim at TT Gunleather (and his holsters), I will give one of his holsters first nod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.