close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCW for my wife.

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by chrisbritt15, May 27, 2012.

1. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

Mar 28, 2012
    My wife is wanting to get her CCW this year. I currently do not have her a gun just for her but its coming in the near future. Im not sure what to get her. I want to get her something that is rather small and has external saftey on it due to the fact that it will probably be in her purse alot. I have really been considering the ruger lc9. and it seems to have some pretty good reviews. I dont want to get her anything smaller than a 9mm. she originally wanted a g19 (with pink lettering.....go figure lol:upeyes:) but i figured that would be to big and possible dangerous while carrying in a purse unless in some type of holster. so if you guys can help me out and let me know what kinda of ccw you wife your some woman you know,what she uses as her CCW would help out a ton. thanks ahead for any feedback
    God Bless

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Chris, best advice I can offer is:

1. If she's going with purse carry, it is ESSENTIAL that the purse have a designated, quick-access gun compartment.

2. It almost always works out best if she herself, the intended user, makes the selection.

Lots of good choices out there; I wish you both the best in making the most suitable such choice.

best,
    Mas