close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCW class recomendations in Milwaukee Area

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by windplex, Nov 4, 2011.

1. vista461

vista461

Jul 10, 2006
    S.E. WI
    My wife took her's at WCTC, taught by LEO's and they got to use the simulator. Cost was $85. If I needed one, I'd take it there. I have academy training though (Hunter safety too) so I don't need it.

2. TKOFaith

TKOFaith The InTIMidator

Jul 6, 2011
    Western Wisconsin
  3. vista461

vista461

Jul 10, 2006
    S.E. WI
    Sorry don't remember the instructors names. But my wife enjoyed the class.

4. MKEgal

MKEgal

May 14, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI, USA
    I'm an instructor & I can do classes in-home for a group of at least 5.

Also can rent a venue if you have a group of 10-20 friends who want training & don't want to host in a home.

Right now, I'm mostly doing classes based on the DOJ curriculum [4+h, $80, classroom includes safe handling & unloading], but can also teach NRA Basic Pistol, First Steps, or Home Firearm Safety.

www.ladyNRAinstructor.com

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  5. http://keepsafefirearmstraining.com took my class with Mr. Ross, includes live fire, excellent, also nra cert.
    found him on the NRA training site, but he was recommended by a friend, class was at racine county rifle range

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  6. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
  7. imjin138

imjin138

Oct 20, 2006
    Racine Wi
    I know that Shooter's in Racine will starting classes in December, all 3 instructers are former LEO's and NRA certified.

8. vista461

vista461

Jul 10, 2006
    S.E. WI
    I've seen on Fletcher's (in Waukesha) facebook page that they sometimes have spots open in classes and let people know via facebook postings.

9. huggytree

huggytree

Nov 9, 2011
    the wife did the 'just carry' course.

it was all class room....it sounded like a very good 'basic' course, but for the full experience id pick one which included some range time....im considering pushing her to take 'hunters safety'

10. ilmonster

ilmonster

Mar 31, 2009
    Another vote for the WCTC class in Waukesha. It was excellent, taught by two LEO's and did get some simulator time to get exposed to "shoot" / "don't shoot" situations.

Now just waiting for the DOJ to send me my CCW!

11. z4lunch

z4lunch

Mar 15, 2011
    SE Wi
    My wife and I took a class at Cabelas. I think it was $60.
    Steve

12. MKEgal

MKEgal

May 14, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI, USA
    I saw a post about the Cabella's course from someone on Facebook, & from what she was saying her trainer(s) were giving inaccurate information.
    Wish I'd thought to ask which store she was at & the name(s) of her trainer(s).