close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCW Class in or around Tampa?

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Korrupted, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Korrupted

Korrupted

Jan 23, 2009
    Phoenix, Az
    Looking to get my little brother in a CCW class in or around Tampa. He is stationed in Clearwater with the Coast Guard and lives in Treasure Island. He keeps putting off getting his CCW because one of his master chiefs is a CCW certified instructor and keeps putting off having a class for the men. Looking for a recommendation by experience or at least a few places you may have heard good things about. I am paying for his course as a gift. Our family and I live in Arizona, so he would also have reciprocity with his home state. Thanks!

2. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    Given your brother's location (Pinellas County, FL), he should get familiar with the Wyoming Antelope Club (www.antelopeclub.org). The "WAC" is a membership owned, non-profit outdoor range facility that hosts just about every shooting discipline available (bullseye, action, cowboy, high power, junior airgun, archery, etc.).

There are several NRA classes offered on a regular basis that fulfill the Florida CCW requirements:
    There are also several "action" pistol disciplines (defensive pistol, USPSA, IDPA, cowboy) available on diferent days of the week to allow practice of useful skills.

If you really want to be a "big brother", buy him Randy Cain's (www.guntactics.com) "Tactical Handgun 101" at Southern Exposure Training Center (www.southernexpposuretraining.com) in Lakeland, FL. This comprehensive course from an absolutely world class instructor is HIGHLY recommended.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009

3. DoubleTapFL

DoubleTapFL

Dec 28, 2008
    +1 on WAC. my wife and i shoot there weekly. i also recommend Harvey at eaglehawk security. 7210 ulmerton rd suite h. www.eaglehawksecurity.com