close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW and Open Carry in NOLA. I need the quick and dirty fam.

Discussion in 'The Bayou Club' started by F14Scott, Feb 28, 2013.

1. F14Scott

F14Scott
    Expand Collapse
    Luggage
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

I'm travelling from TX by car to NOLA next week. I have a TX resident CHL, as well as non-res CHLs from FL and AZ. I've got a good handle on the LA CCW laws, but I've never OCed (illegal in TX). Might try it, if nothing more than walking to the Starbucks to get coffee to see what it feels like.

Anyone have a link to the OC statutes for LA and NOLA, specifically? Statutes aside, is it normal to see people OCing, or is it weird and frowned upon? I'd just assume blend in and not make my two-day trip into a SCOTUS case.

2. blake716

blake716
    Expand Collapse

I'm new to the site, so this is the first time I've seen this post.

I've seen a few people around here OC, but not a whole lot.

The only time I've done it is when I leave the house in the morning to hunt, I strap my pistol to my side. I've never really carried for self defense standpoint. That'll change eventually, since I'm waiting on my paperwork to be processed for my CHP.

Anyway, try this site. Hopefully that'll help you.

http://www.laopencarry.org/