close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCW and Open Carry in NOLA. I need the quick and dirty fam.

Discussion in 'The Bayou Club' started by F14Scott, Feb 28, 2013.

1. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

Sep 13, 2001
    Katy, TX
    I'm travelling from TX by car to NOLA next week. I have a TX resident CHL, as well as non-res CHLs from FL and AZ. I've got a good handle on the LA CCW laws, but I've never OCed (illegal in TX). Might try it, if nothing more than walking to the Starbucks to get coffee to see what it feels like.

Anyone have a link to the OC statutes for LA and NOLA, specifically? Statutes aside, is it normal to see people OCing, or is it weird and frowned upon? I'd just assume blend in and not make my two-day trip into a SCOTUS case.

2. blake716

blake716

Mar 1, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm new to the site, so this is the first time I've seen this post.

I've seen a few people around here OC, but not a whole lot.

The only time I've done it is when I leave the house in the morning to hunt, I strap my pistol to my side. I've never really carried for self defense standpoint. That'll change eventually, since I'm waiting on my paperwork to be processed for my CHP.

Anyway, try this site. Hopefully that'll help you.

http://www.laopencarry.org/

Anomander likes this.

3. jpshaw

jpshaw

Feb 13, 2000
    Louisiana, USA
    I see more and more OCing in the rural areas. I personally wouldn't do it in NO but don't go by me since I don't OC anywhere.

4. Anomander

Anomander

Aug 7, 2015
    of course this is an old thread but I have very rarely seen OC in Nola, and only slightly less rare elsewhere. I did see a guy in the walmart on the west bank carrying the other day.

5. Gokyo

Gokyo

Apr 24, 2005
    Washington
    If You are going to NOLA if you stay in and around the french quarter you will be relatively safe. The police presence there is kind of ridiculous.

If you travel outside of the quarter it gets pretty dodgy pretty fast.

6. Gokyo

Gokyo

Apr 24, 2005
    Washington

Saw this at the bottom of the above link.

I kind of like it.
    1. Idiots, alcohol and firearms. You get one and only one at a time. Otherwise there are ambulance rides.