close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCR's CPII Refinish Review

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by plouffedaddy, Feb 7, 2013.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to do a review of CCR's CPII electroless nickel boron refininshing process as a lot of folks are buying used guns these days due to market shortages of new models....

Pros:
    -Durable finish. It performs well in salt bath tests and shows wear less than any finish I can think of.
    -Affordable. I think the normal price for a slide is around $100 but they have sales from time to time for $75
    -Decent turn around time. I have several guns done in this finish and they generally come back within 3-5 weeks.
    -Looks great. The finish is even and has a matte silver look to it in person.
    -Easy to clean. Carbon wipes right off.

Cons:
    -Not really any I can think of other than the fact that shipping can be expensive if you want to send a complete gun in due to federal laws and UPS/FedEx pricing.

[ame]http://youtu.be/LQuSeHjzfgc[/ame]

2. Glockster17

Glockster17 Millennium Member

Sep 16, 1999
    Central Florida
    I bought a used (police trade in) Glock 23 from Buds a few years back and sent it off to CCR. I had the barrel, slide and slide release all done in that electroless nickel boron finish. I have to say they did a great job and even though I carry a G26 daily, my 23 is my favorite gun in no small part due to the awesome finish job. I am giving the people at CCR two thumbs up.

Good looking Sig you got there!

Thanks for the pics,
    Rob

3. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    Is that finish only for steel parts or could it be applied to that aluminium frame also?

4. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    They do aluminum as well.

5. KML

KML Millennium Member

Sep 11, 1999

Yes CPII is for steel only,but CCR has a Cerahide finish that matches CPII for aluminum frames.
    Kevin

6. This is the CCR I was thinking of.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScisGFllPY"]Fortunate Son -- CCR -- - YouTube[/ame]​

7. On a serious note the Sig Sauer blue fininsh is of lower quality, IMO. Wears badly in holsters. I'm sure this CCR finish will be an improvement.