close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCI Tactical vs. Mini-Mags

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by ditto1958, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Has anyone ever determined for sure whether the "Tactical" .22LR's that come in the 375 round bulk box are any different than Mini-Mags? CCI claims they're optimized for AR style .22 rifles, but they don't say how.

Comparing them side by side, it looks as though the MM's have bullets that are pointer, while the Tactical bullets are more rounded. Other than that, they look identical.

CCI claims velocity of 1235 I think for Mini-Mags, and 1200 for the Tactical. I suppose a less aerodynamic bullet could account for the slightly lower speed.

The cynic in me says it's just a marketing ploy to capitalize on the tactical craze.

2. M 7

M 7

May 22, 2012
    This.

It is marketing aimed at a segment of the public that'll snap up anything that is labeled "tactical". Hell, you could label a toilet seat as "tactical", list it in any one of the various gun/ammo supply catalogs and they'd sell out in an hour in the present panic-driven environment.