close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCI Primers in stock.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GRF, Apr 29, 2010.

1. GRF

GRF

CCI small pistol and large pistol primers in stock at Cabela's.

2. fredj338

fredj338

Yeah, but a bit pricey.:dunno:

3. proraptor

proraptor

What isnt pricey these days in the world of reloading?

4. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Primers from Powder Valley. Not in stock this second, but order 10,000 and wait a bit. I've yet to have to wait more than two months.

When ordering 10,000 even with hazmat and shipping it comes out to $27.xx per 1000. I don't consider that pricey at all when I'm seeing $40 and up at other online stores.

Once you get that first order in from PV, don't wait until you're bone dry before placing your next order. I haven't been out of primers since last July, and I've shot *almost* 17,000 since then.

6. MarcusT

MarcusT

Midway has federal SPP in stock for $140 for 5000 but there is a limit of one 5000 pack.

7. fredj338

fredj338

IT's why we order large amounts form reasonabley priced sources like Graf's or PV & yes, you have to wait, but advanced planning means the wait doesn't really matter. My last order in June09, $25/1K delivered (10K). Graf's still has CCI for that price, but you'll have to wait.

8. proraptor

proraptor

Wish I had the money to order that many primers....Im kind of limited to order 1000 at a time so I just buy local. Kind of broke these days with the new house and all

9. njl

njl

Any idea how long (for Grafs)? I'm down to around 4k SP and trying to decide how many cases and how soon to order more.

10. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Any place that limits you to 5K is not getting my business. Simple as that.

11. jstang

jstang

If only cabelas would ship to Jersey

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  12. fredj338

fredj338

I'm betting 4m-6m, leaning to 6m. It's whay I went ahead & ordered. I don;t need them now but might by the end of the year.

13. oldsoldier

oldsoldier

I usually order in bulk from Powder Valley but since my local dealer has been selling CCI SP, LP, SR, and LR for $25.50 per 1K I haven't bothered.

14. srd

srd

I bought 1500 SP Fiocchi locally for 43.00. So far 500 have gone boom. The SR for 39.00 for 1500. Might give them a try also until my PV order shows up. Yes i waited to long to reorder.

15. jing1117

jing1117

I get mine from Grafs, Federal SP seems to come buy a lot faster. It only take 1 to 2 months and then my order is here - my CCI SP which I ordered last May 09 has not showed up yet. I order in large quantities to offset the Hazmat fee, it comes out to $28 / 1000. Locally I found a shop that sells them for $32 out the door - he gets my business. The other ones sell them for $40 - $45.

16. njl

njl

I've heard Federals are much softer / easier to set off by accident. I load on an RL550B. Is there any downside to putting in an order for any of CCI/Federal/Winchester (SP and LP) and taking whatever comes in? So far, all I've used is CCI.

17. fredj338

fredj338

Nope, they'll get in what they get in, then call you. I use Fed primers in my 550B, no issues yet, maybe another 20K will show something, but I doubt it. I mostly use CCI now, because it's what is available, but I have used every primer made to date but the Magtec or PMC. All will run in the 550B, some a bit better than others. The more square the primer cup, the more likely you will have a primer feeding issue IME. The "softenss" of the cup is not a problem as long as you aren't slamming the primer into the pocket. Even then, it would detonate in the case, which is now out of the primer tube.:dunno:

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  18. jing1117

jing1117

Yes, the Federals appear to be softer but have I have not encountered a problem with it so far - just don't slam it too fast when you are loading. I have also put in orders for various brands, whenever Grafs has them they call me up and ask me if I still want them.

Hello Fred, I read that you have not tried that Magtech primers yet. Just to give you my experience - out of the 10k that I loaded more than a hundred primers did not go off (pissed me off since it filled up my bad cartridge bin and I had to pull them, more than a hundred is too much for me)- all primers were from the same production lot. It appears that some of them are soft and some of them are really hard - some are just plain dud. I tried shooting them from different guns thinking that it was just light primer strikes but experienced the same thing. Right now all I use are Federal (the only one's I can get).