Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

CCI 500 small primers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Beanie-Bean, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    ...are cheap at Cabela's ($24/1000) and no hazmat if you can pick it up in-person. Same price as Powder Valley. Strangely enough, the 550 magnum and 300 large primers are regular price, at around $34.

Good for some Christmas vacation loads, anyway. Going to see if I can crack my G-RX carbide die, or make it scratch some .40 S&W and 10mm brass, as was indicated in another post. Haven't had a chance to run anything through it yet, but am officially on vacation now, so after I get done with the "honey-do" list, I'll be out in the garage setting up some loads with some of the newer powders I've picked up recently.
  2. TX Archer

TX Archer

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the tip. I managed to turn it into $21.67/1000 (plus tax, of course) with a coupon.

3. dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    Was at the Cabelas store last week. The CCI small pistol primer were $36 per 1000. My local shop is around $32 per 1000. Its basically a waste going to the retail store you rarely get any deals and the prices are jacked and the internet prices are rarely recognized.
  4. TX Archer

TX Archer

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I don't think my visit today was a waste. I think that was a fairly good price. Yes, Cabela's is generally overpriced but I rarely if ever pay their full price. I watch for sales (thank you, Beanie-Bean) and stack their coupons on top of the sale. In this instance, I got 6,000 primers for less than Graf's or Powder Valley charges without paying hazmat. Sales tax is 8.25% but I doubt that's much more than shipping would be. And gasoline cost isn't an issue because I was driving past the store anyway.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011