close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CCDW Renewal qestion

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Maximaking, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Maximaking

Maximaking

Dec 20, 2002
    Louisville KY
    Hey guys, my 5 years on my carry permit is almost up. On the picture thing can they still take your picture for a few dollars so you don't have to mess with all the requirements? How long is the wait for the new permit? Do they have a notary in the office or should I have my bank notarize KSP 125?

Thanks
    Todd

2. amr40509

amr40509

Jan 6, 2008
    Mine just expired (3/5/08) so I took mine down to the Fayette Co Court House like a week before it expired.

I asked the same things you did. They can do the picture there ($5) BUT you have to have your actual renewal notice. They can also notorize. This is for Lexington/Fayette Co, I don't know about other offices.

I had filed a change of address like 3 years ago but apparently it never was recorded, so I never got my renewal notice in the mail. You cannot change your address and renew the same day....so here I sit waiting for the renewal notice to come though for my expired permit.

3. spork

spork Caffeinator

Dec 7, 2003
    Dystopia
    My renewed permit only took seven days, including the weekend, to be processed. I believe that was unusually fast and not the norm, but who knows.

Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept. will take your photo for five dollars.