close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCDW Renewal qestion

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Maximaking, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Maximaking

Maximaking

Hey guys, my 5 years on my carry permit is almost up. On the picture thing can they still take your picture for a few dollars so you don't have to mess with all the requirements? How long is the wait for the new permit? Do they have a notary in the office or should I have my bank notarize KSP 125?

Thanks
    Todd

2. amr40509

amr40509

Mine just expired (3/5/08) so I took mine down to the Fayette Co Court House like a week before it expired.

I asked the same things you did. They can do the picture there ($5) BUT you have to have your actual renewal notice. They can also notorize. This is for Lexington/Fayette Co, I don't know about other offices.

I had filed a change of address like 3 years ago but apparently it never was recorded, so I never got my renewal notice in the mail. You cannot change your address and renew the same day....so here I sit waiting for the renewal notice to come though for my expired permit.

3. spork

spork Caffeinator

My renewed permit only took seven days, including the weekend, to be processed. I believe that was unusually fast and not the norm, but who knows.

Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept. will take your photo for five dollars.