Glock Talk banner

CAUTION ! Mossberg Patriot .308

48K views 80 replies 35 participants last post by  Glock 23 Nutter 
#1 ·
Just bought a brand new Mossberg Patriot .308. Comes with one 5-round box magazine.
CAUTION !!! additional magazines ARE NOT AVAILABLE anywhere.
Even contacted Mossberg directly 3 days ago asking where to buy magazines. Mossberg has chosen, to date, not to respond to my inquiry.
If anyone knows where I can buy additional 5-round magazines for this rifle I'd appreciate a reply.
If anyone working for Mossberg reads this I'd appreciate a little "customer service."

#3 ·
"Caution" is a bit dramatic, don't you think? It's a brand new model, I'm sure they'll release extra magazines before the zombie apocalypse hits. You can always call them at (800) 363-3555 and speak to a human being instead of waiting for an email reply. You may even be able to use the magazines from the 4x4 model. See if your LGS can help.

#10 ·
You are a victim of contemporary Lean Manufacturing practices. Spare mags were not in the production quota...

Reactions: Valmet
#13 ·
Before buying any guns its a good idea to check on availability of parts/accessories. With something like a new Mossberg, it's only a matter of time before you can get all kinds of accessories, including magazines.
The title of your thread is very misleading, and the fact Mossberg hasn't returned your email during the busiest few weeks of shopping season is understandable. I'm sure they have a lot more to deal with than a customer wanting a magazine.
How about cautioning us if the rifle blows up with factory loads, or fires when the safety is on?

#15 ·
For those that say "they will come", I am still looking for spare magazines for my Steyr Scout. So far no joy.

#18 ·
It's an interesting rifle. I suppose by some, it might be considered a budget rifle. For $500 or less, you can get a pretty decent looking walnut stock with stippling instead of checkering and a not to shabby Vortex scope. Other than a couple of "tactical" shotguns, I insist on wood furniture on all my long guns. From anybody else, you're looking at close to double that price. All of the reviews and videos I've seen have been favorable. I've been tempted to add one just for the collection and the scope is good enough for me to shoot paper at 200 yards. My old Stevens has probably had the same magazine for 70 years or so. I probably won't shoot more than two boxes of ammo a year through it. One magazine is enough for me.

#28 ·
I did get extra magazines about a month after my original post.
Got them directly from Mossberg. They are called "4 X 4", but do have a five round capacity. If you order from them MAKE SURE they confirm they are sending you the 5-round variety.
By the was, extremely accurate rifle.
tbc

#32 ·
Fine that is your opinion. Do you have multiple AR, FAL.... platform rifles? Do you have one five round magazine for each? Not sure why you would jump all over someone who wants an extra magazine.
What's the point of having a rapid fire gun with quick detachable mag and not having extra mags?

Your logic is ridiculous.

Secondly, where did I "jump" over others who want an extra mag?

I simply expressed my opinion that it's not the end of the earth for a bolt action rifle to not having an extra mag for the stated reason (i.e. it's not a rapid fire gun with high magazine capacity).

#36 ·
First, I want extra mags for my Steyr Scout because mags do get misplaced.

Second, Buying extra mags and ammo is not a bad idea not because you never know if they will be around later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.