Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Castle Doctrine posted.....

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by Turtle13, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Turtle13

Turtle13 Ni!

Jun 20, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I made up this "sign" and I was wondering if any of you thought it may be a good B&E deterrent for me to post it on my fence. Keep in mind I live in I'm not just paranoid, it really does suck in this city.

So what do you some of you think? Feel free to steal it if you want too. It's not like its copyrighted info or anything.
  2. I elect to minimize any outward manifestation of my firearm ownership. That means no NRA or Glock bumper stickers or any signs on my home of any sort. I don't want anyone KNOWING I have guns because it'll potentially make me more of a target for thieves. Guns are a jackpot item for them.

3. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Apr 11, 2002
    N. IN
    In the city of Flint, I would not mention anything firearms related. Some 'toid will break down your door for a gun.

I don't think you'll find anything to deter 'toids, they are a rather unique bunch.
  4. Turtle13

Turtle13 Ni!

Jun 20, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Advice taken. I was just using the mindset that an armed house isn't an "easy target". But I see the point.

It's a shame too, it's a damn fine sign.
  5. That it is. Maybe I'll use it for my screen saver. :thumbsup:
  6. charmincarmens

Oct 28, 2005
    And a great sign. But don't use it.It would be your last nail in your coffin if you have to defend yourself.
  7. Its best not to advertise, but then again, its Flint - They won't be able to read it :p :animlol:
  8. 10 Ring Tao

10 Ring Tao Red White Blue

Sep 18, 2003
    Southeast Michigan
    Cool sign, but just like 'no guns' signs don't deter criminals from doing anything, I doubt the artards would bother reading or understand your sign.
  9. Turtle13

Turtle13 Ni!

Jun 20, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I was actually contemplating whether or not anyone here could understand the terminology...even after I boiled it down. Thats a sad state. :supergrin:
  10. +1 on no signs or stickers. I have no NRA, Glock, or anything else to tip my hand.
  11. I agree 100%! I also have NO bumper stickers, window decals, etc. on my car or house. Why advertise that you have guns inside? It's like saying, "Wait until I leave, then come on in and get them!"

I do like the sign, though...if I WERE going to have a sign, I'd use yours.
  12. Don’t forget our friends the lawyers.
    A few years ago a farming magazine said not to post “beware of dog signs” because a good(?) lawyer might argue that you knew you were keeping a dangerous dog on your property.
    With the same twisted logic and a carefully selected jury the same lawyer could argue that you were premeditated in your intent to cause great bodily harm to some poor individual who as a victim of society was only trying to support his local economy.

13. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I doubt they'd get the intended meaning... I'd be worried they'd misunderstand the terminology and think it says "Gun sale. 100% off." too.. :supergrin:

14. Turtle13

Turtle13 Ni!

Jun 20, 2007
    Flint, MI

:rofl: :rofl: :animlol:
  15. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

I wouldn't warn them with signs. The first shot COM will warn them that there are more where that came from.