close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Castco membership worth it?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sierrafast, Nov 1, 2012.

1. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Their house-brand Kirkland Handcrafted Ale is an absolute steal for how good it tastes. Ours is not posted, BTW. HH

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I actually made the exact same edit and thought twice before posting........

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Well that right there is scarey. I am adopted and have stolen your Moron Lube so maybe it all makes sense. :supergrin:

I didn't think twice and that has gotten me in trouble before too.

4. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Heart of Dixie
    Costco supports democrat politicians almost exclusively.

Sam's/Walmart supports mainly Republicans.

Who do you want to give money to?

5. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    :rofl:

6. Do they carry high quality equipment?

[​IMG]

7. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    I dropped my membership at Costco the day their "No Firearms" sign went up. The nice part of that was my membership was up for renewal in a couple of weeks and they refunded me the whole year. I then went straight to Sam's Club and joined there for $40.

I save enough between gas and prescriptions to pay my membership fee many times over. Any other savings are just gravy. When I bought my Samsung Smart TV, theirs came with the USB Wifi adapter that was $70 extra everywhere else.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  8. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    Illinois
    Our local Sam's store is struggling. We are a community of 50,000, but with neighboring states. Sam's has been discounting memberships to small business to encourage sales. I personally cannot justify a membership.

9. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Apr 16, 2012
    FYI, get an entertainment.com coupon book and Costco will give you $50 worth of free stuff.

10. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    We have Sam's, BJ's and Costco, nearby.

We gave up the BJ's membership.

Sam's - my wife goes there a LOT, to buy coffee and such, for the coffee room, at work.

Costco - Pretty nice store. Good selection.
    Gasoline prices are lower than Sam's prices, by a few cents per gallon.
    Got a GOOD price on a "Little Giant" 22' ladder (with a LOT of accessories!), the day we joined.

I don't go into any of them, on a regular basis.

As for concealed (or open carry). . . . in Maryland. . . .:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    (That means it's a non-issue, here.):supergrin:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  11. MAC702

MAC702 Senior Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Clark County, NV
    Whether you have a choice to carry a gun or not, knowingly giving your money to a known anti-gun corporation is not a non-issue.

I'm not telling you not to do it. Everyone has to make their own decisions for their life's situation.

But it is not a non-issue. It should factor into your decision.

12. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
    HELL YES!

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

13. srhoades

srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    It depends. Like a regular grocery store prepared food is not a good deal (however if that is what you normally buy then it is a good deal). Good prices on meat and produce as well as food staples. The other really good thing is their return policy. Don't like it? Bring it back for a refund, no questions asked. Also, they give an extra year warranty on most of their electronics.

They also have services: Car insurance, eye exams, glasses, contacts, passports, and a whole bunch of things you would never think of going to Costco for.

Oh, it also makes for a really cheap meal for a family. 1/4 hot dog and a coke for $1.55 is hard to beat.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  14. srhoades

srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    And Walmart is destroying the middle class, what's your point?

15. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    His point was pretty clear to me. I thought the GOP was destroying the middle class or so I am told.