close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

case lube

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by cgrivois, Nov 22, 2011.

1. cgrivois

cgrivois

Nov 29, 2005
    I went from a Lee Pro1000 which I never felt the need to use case lube for staight wall pistol to a 550B and brought my Lee dies with it. If I dont use case lube sizing takes alot more effort than I remember on my Pro 1000. If I use lube, it runs slick. Anyone else feel the need to use case lube for pistol?

2. XDRoX

XDRoX

Jan 24, 2009
    San Diego
    Lots of guys around here lube. Some every round, some just every 3rd or 5th round.

Personally I've never seen the need. Especially on a 550b. Do you have a strong mount and roller handle. They'll do wonders for leverage.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

3. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I just place my brass on an old cookie sheet and spray lightly with Horandy One Shot lube... dry for a minute and throw brass in the case feeder.
    I'm a huge proponent of lubing even pistol brass, makes a big difference IMHO. I don't tumble the HOS off for finished pistol rounds.... rifle I lube for sizing and trimming then tumble prior to running it through the actual loading process.

4. cgrivois

cgrivois

Nov 29, 2005
    Yes to the mount and roller handle. Just thought it was odd at the difference in the amount of force required between the old P1000 and 550.

5. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Read the manual and make sure everything is adjusted right. Especially the die setup section. I owned a LM before and it was more effort then the 550.