close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Case knives

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by boomchakabowwow, May 13, 2013.

1. I just got mine back from a factory cleaning. I carry it because it reminds me of my stepdad. It has gown on me. Very low tech but reliable. This knife was his. You?

[​IMG]

2. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    I am a very nostalgic person and totally understand what you are talking about. I don't know much about this knife but I do carry it everyday and its one that has been passed down. The only mark on it is a 816 stamped into the blade

Last edited: May 22, 2013

3. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I've got a couple. jtull7 has an outstanding collection.

[​IMG]

I've gotta admit I've never heard of anyone sending any knife to the factory to get cleaned.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  4. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    I feel you OP. I'm the same way. No Case's passed down but other stuff that you just hold, look at and remember......

5. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    moonwilson, that's quite a collection. As syntaxerrorsix alluded, I probably have over 300 Case knives. I believe that Case is one of the finest genuinely American manufacturing company in the history of the US.

Here are just a few of mine:

[​IMG]

6. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    I've always held Case knives in high regard.

That being so, I've bought 5 new ones in recent months.

2 of them were as good as I remembered case knives being.

1 of them was pretty good (medium Stockman), but the middle blade rubbed strongly against the large blade at one spot, causing a wide rub/wear mark in the finish of the large blade, and slowing the large blade's closing at that spot in its movement.

2 of the new Case knives (both large trappers) had loosely fitted blades (both blades in both knives). Pretty to look at, but lacking the quality I'd expect of a Case pocket knife.

That's 2 for 5 that were ill-fitted, 1 that had a minor annoyance in fitting ... and 2 that were great.

I'm beginning to think new production Case knives are becoming a coin toss. Sad.

I should have bought more when I was younger.

Last edited: May 23, 2013