close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carrying while handicapped

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 2@low8, Jul 27, 2011.

1. 2@low8

2@low8
    Expand Collapse

I broke my leg last Wednesday evening and am on crutches for the next six weeks. I typically carry a Sig P238 in a Nemesis in my right front pocket. Typical work dress (pre-break) is a white shirt and tie so pocket carry is the easiest. Anyway, while lying here on the sofa, I cannot think of a practical way to carry when I do get to go back outside.

Just a mindless exercise to pass the time, but how does a permanently handicapped person carry?

2. wrczx3

wrczx3
    Expand Collapse
    Jerry

I am in a wheelchair and I keep my 19 in a belly pack or under my wheelchair cushion.

3. dreis454

dreis454
    Expand Collapse

I have MS & walk with a cane....AIWB works for me as well as pocket carry.

G36 AIWB,LC9 pocket OR AIWB.

4. David Armstrong

David Armstrong
    Expand Collapse

I have to use a cane for mobility a lot, but don't find that to change the way I carry. I did have a client who was a paraplegic, and we ended up using a modified Galco MOB holster secured to his chair. Where there is a will there is a way.

5. Turk

Turk
    Expand Collapse

I have peripheral neuropathy and need to walk with a cane and sometimes with a 4 wheeled walker. I always carry! I could use an OWB holster but the love handles get in the way. So, I have opted to carry a man purse with shoulder strap specifically made for a hand gun. I comfortably carry my Glock 27, extra magazine and small tactical flash light along with all the rest of my pocket junk. I thought it would not work initially but after some moths of this method I really am comfortable with the method. Hope this helps and hope you recover quickly!