close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Carrying while handicapped

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 2@low8, Jul 27, 2011.

1. 2@low8

2@low8

Sep 18, 2009
    I broke my leg last Wednesday evening and am on crutches for the next six weeks. I typically carry a Sig P238 in a Nemesis in my right front pocket. Typical work dress (pre-break) is a white shirt and tie so pocket carry is the easiest. Anyway, while lying here on the sofa, I cannot think of a practical way to carry when I do get to go back outside.

Just a mindless exercise to pass the time, but how does a permanently handicapped person carry?

2. wrczx3

wrczx3 Jerry

Jun 3, 2011
    Stoneham,Ma.
    I am in a wheelchair and I keep my 19 in a belly pack or under my wheelchair cushion.

3. dreis454

dreis454

Jul 11, 2009
    Enfield,CT
    I have MS & walk with a cane....AIWB works for me as well as pocket carry.

G36 AIWB,LC9 pocket OR AIWB.

4. I have to use a cane for mobility a lot, but don't find that to change the way I carry. I did have a client who was a paraplegic, and we ended up using a modified Galco MOB holster secured to his chair. Where there is a will there is a way.

5. Turk

Turk

Mar 8, 2002
    Polk County, Iowa
    I have peripheral neuropathy and need to walk with a cane and sometimes with a 4 wheeled walker. I always carry! I could use an OWB holster but the love handles get in the way. So, I have opted to carry a man purse with shoulder strap specifically made for a hand gun. I comfortably carry my Glock 27, extra magazine and small tactical flash light along with all the rest of my pocket junk. I thought it would not work initially but after some moths of this method I really am comfortable with the method. Hope this helps and hope you recover quickly!