close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

carrying on a construction site?

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by packinaglock, Apr 7, 2009.

1. packinaglock

packinaglock
    Expand Collapse
    John 3:16
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

I had a guy tell me yesterday that carrying on a construction site is a felony.
    I don't recall ever hearing that? WTH?:upeyes:

2. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings
    Expand Collapse

FSS 790.06 (12) does not prohibit the carry of a concealed firearm or other weapon on a construction site. In fact, I don't believe "construction site" is mentioned anywhere in FSS 790.

The only logical thing I can construct from the questioned statement is that it IS a felony to trespass on a construction site in Florida, and armed trespass is an enhanced offense. That may be what confused the fellow.

3. Truffle8Shuffle

Truffle8Shuffle
    Expand Collapse

I used to do consulting work at construction sites all over Florida. I always had at least one gun locked in my glove box. I was never able to find anything about not being allowed to carry on-site but never did take it out of the car. There was a shooting at a plaza next to a job site I worked in Orange City that was the end of a police chase about 30 minutes after I left the site one time. That just reaffirmed my desire to keep a gun close.

Just make sure your employer doesn't have a policy against it so you don't get fired if you get caught. Keeping it in my car fell under the 'Keep a Gun in your car at work' law. My boss even ok'd it.