close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

'Carrying a Gun Saved My Life': Meet Ryan Moore

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by psh, Jan 30, 2013.

1. psh

psh

Jan 7, 2002
    I interviewed my friend Ryan Moore for PJMedia.com about self-defense and gun laws at:

'Carrying a Gun Saved My Life': Meet Ryan Moore

Ryan explains what happened the night he used a gun in self-defense, why he now carries a Glock 21, and why new gun control proposals are dangerous to ordinary people.

Please feel free to share Ryan's story with others interested in gun rights and practical carry issues.

2. jthrelf

jthrelf

Sep 14, 2012
    PA
    Thanks for sharing. Makes me reconsider my LCR + speed strip as my EDC...

3. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
  4. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Jun 28, 2006
    San Antonio, Texas
    because of this article, I now carry a second mag at all times

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Just curious what convinced you? I didn't really see anything there I've not read 100 other places.

Glad the shooter is OK.. thanks for posting.

6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I am glad that I carry 17 rounds in my G17, and Fed +p+ 115gr JHPs they are.

7. Scary situation all around. Ryan could have had his carrotid slashed. A very close call. I had an aquaintance grab me like that from behind. No knife. Nothing serious. Just in fun, and I was totally helpless. I couldn't access my CCW in my front pants pocket.

I'm not happy to see his attacker killed, (makes my stomach churn actually) but he cared little about Ryan's safety or life. Criminals are going to have to accept this will happen more and more if they attack people at random.

Too bad, but glad Ryan lived and wasn't charged falsely.

Gray_Rider

8. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    Nice interview. Shared on Facebook.

I carry a fully loaded and chambered G27 (9+1) and a spare standard G27 magazine (9 rounds).

9. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    However the story makes me think about situational awareness. I'd like to hear more details about the encounter as it pertains to the initial contact. It sounds like he was still in his car with the door open when the 1st guy approached him for money. And, then how did a 2nd guy sneak up behind him?

The first encounter is a classic example of the "interview" (and distraction).

10. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
  11. token5gtd

token5gtd

Mar 6, 2011
    G23 @ 3:30, G27 @ 11:00 crossdraw, and two G22 mags @ 9:00.

I used to just carry either or, but just about 2 months ago a guy was jumped, beaten and robbed by 4 guys at a gas station in my town. Cameras got the tags and police eventually caught 2 of them. Not going to be me.

12. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Excellent point. I thought the same thing. Was the 2nd guy visible or not while the 1st was hassling the driver of the car?

Just how (and from which direction) did he approach his (intended) victim. Did the 1st guy return at the same time the 2nd guy grabbed and did the choke-hold on driver?

Lucky he was so mentally alert. Situation like that would scare the bejeezus outta me and I'm sure most others. Surprise and being attacked, to boot, is a real wakeup that, and I'll admit it, would probably stun me initially.

Good for Ryan and lucky he is OK.

13. I am.

He would have raped, murdered, robbed, until someone else put him down like the diseased animal that he was.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  16. cbird77

cbird77

Dec 20, 2012
    The Woodlands
    That's my EDC if the LCR is IWB, the speed strip is no bigger than a lighter. I try to have 10 rounds on me when carrying.