close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Carry Shotguns and AR15's in the trunk in SC

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by bagballa, Jul 15, 2008.

1. bagballa

bagballa Tow Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Coastal, SC
    Is it aganist the law to carry any of the above in the trunk 24/7 for extra protection or is it only allowed when your headed to and from the range?
    I know some states allow you to carry in the front seat whenever, just wondering.

2. arj

arj

Jan 24, 2006
    Winston, NC
    i had the idea to do that up here in NC, and then one morning i go out to my car to find a window busted out, radio missing and the trunk open.....i changed my mind after that.

3. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    There's no law that I am aware of that prohibits carrying a long gun in your vehicle all the time. It probably isn't the wisest of ideas, but I believe it's legal.

4. Friend of mine carried his Browning shotgun in the trunk all the time in a gun case. Didn't know his trunk started leaking. When he opened the gun case the shotgun was a rusted hulk.

5. Mnukedude

Mnukedude Lurking

Dec 14, 2001
    With my wife
    Here in SC, we have very high humidity. Rust might be a big problem. Short term storage of a weapon in the car might be okay, say a day or two, but within a couple of weeks the rust will start, so without even considering the aspect of thievery, corrosion alone makes it a bad idea on a 24/7 basis.

6. RichardB

RichardB Silver Member

Jul 29, 2007
    NC