close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Carry rig...

Discussion in 'Thin to Win - G36 Club' started by bubbles911, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bubbles911

bubbles911

Nov 14, 2008
    Iowa
    Just bought a new G36... curious what holster you guys like to carry yours in... thanks!

2. 1drt

1drt Senior Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Piedmont, North Carolina
    I have and use one of the following depending on needs.

Crossbreed Supertuck, horse hide IWB
    Kholster IWB
    Serpa level 2 sportster (has belt and paddle capability)
    Gould & Goodrich (old) for duty belt, Serpa is superior to this old holster
    Fobus paddle (not very substantial)

I see many I would like to try but finances prevent spontaneous purchases.

I have to many holsters but not enough, one never knows until it's tried. :supergrin:

3. C.B. Supertuck for in the waistband, and a DeSantis Speed Holster for outside.

4. nohocop

nohocop

Sep 20, 2007
    I just got the Outside Waistband Crossbreed Ohai. Like it a lot. Holds it flush against my waist and is very comfortable.

5. usafric

usafric

Nov 3, 2008
    Rio Rancho, nm
    I use a Bearclaw Kydex IWB. Works fab for me.

6. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

Mar 30, 2009
    So far I've been using my "Smart Carry" holster. It works really well. But I just ordered a Mitch Rosen Clipper for it. I have one for my Kahr MK9 and it's such a nice holster and is so easy to take on and off.

I need to find a good double mag pouch for mine though. My Blackhawk ain't cuttin it for me.

7. Milt Sparks 'Watch Six' IWB, thin and comfortable.:cool:

8. tuica

tuica

Apr 28, 2009
    Portland,Oregon
    Glock Sport/Combat. Thought it was a "Mickey-Mouse" carry option - until I tried one. Inside trigger guard retention nubbin can also be sanded down for easier withdrawl. Good Luck

9. coq

coq Raging Member

Dec 15, 2008
    The High Sierra
    To wear all day, TT GunLeather Mike's Special IWB...beautiful and comfortable custom holster for under $100!

[​IMG]

For quick on-off, ProCarry HD from The Holster Store...these are great for around $30!

[​IMG]

10. G27Chief

G27Chief Lifetime Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Southwestern Gawjaw
    C-TAC, Glock Combat Slde, Andrews McDaniel rig, Blackhawk leather Askins style, duty rig Safariland 6280 for Glock 23.
    Elite Combat Systems pocket holster (rare)

11. the perfesser

the perfesser

Jun 24, 2007
  12. tuica

tuica

Apr 28, 2009
    Portland,Oregon
    Looking at Hume JIT also. Seems to be popular in Pacific NW. Glock's SC until....maybe never.

13. Fan45acp

Fan45acp

Feb 23, 2008
  14. the perfesser

the perfesser

Jun 24, 2007
    tuica,

Have a J.I.T. for a Kahr PM9 and had to do the old-pistol-in-a-plastic-sandwich-bag-inside- moistened-inner-surface-of-holster-overnight trick. But that worked well, so I'm experienced if I have to do it for the G36. Can't beat the price, though. I own, but have never used, a Bianchi 100 Professional IWB. Seems fine, but one should order size 11, not the smaller size that the Bianchi website advises. And the Fobus works fine at the range.

15. OLEDAVE

OLEDAVE What you said?

Dec 25, 2009
    Alabama
    +1 for the MTAC. I love it!

[​IMG]

16. The Habit

The Habit كافر

Feb 18, 2005
    Virginia
    While I don't have my G36 yet (should be here early next week), I plan to carry it in the same Galco M7X Matrix that I use for my G23. It's cheap, easy on/off, good weapon retention, no maintenance, and rides high and tight. I'm an OWB only guy and the M7X is definitely my preferred Glock holster.

With that said, I have a UBG Regulator for my HK P7 which is very, very nice. Great leather, easy on/off, super comfy, awesome price, relatively quick turnaround... so, I'll probably be pretty tempted to order one for my G36 as well.

17. Raven Concealment, Phantom, for now.

I'm thinking about ordering a K&D rig for it though. I have one of their Dakota Defenders for my 26, and like it a lot.

18. bubbles911

bubbles911

Nov 14, 2008
    Iowa
    (sorry, wrong thread...)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  19. hounds2

hounds2

Jan 2, 2009
    fist, IWB..bought it for my 27 but sold the 27 and the 36 fits perfect in it.