close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Carry Permit

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ken grant, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ken grant

ken grant

Apr 3, 2004
    middle ga.
    Renewed my carry permit today. Cost was $72.25 for 5 yrs.
    The only granted right that we have to buy and get permission to use.:steamed:

2. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    We only have privileges in this country, granted to us by government overlords. The concept of inalienable human rights is long dead.

3. You're right, of course; consider here, where I moved a few months ago: While licensed in several states for years, I had to wait 90 days before I could even apply for the king's permission to defend myself and my family.
    During that time, I was told, by my state representative that " you can open carry".
    I said, "Thanks".

4. BigCity

BigCity

Oct 23, 2006
    Maryland
    At least you can get one. We can't (yet).

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Open carrying costs nothing. Not that that's legal everywhere either of course.

6. JRoCc

JRoCc

May 24, 2010
    this....

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    state laws are enacted by politicians people from that state elect.

the fix is simple enough, the effort however isnt.

8. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Most freedoms are regulated, and not absolute. Most of them can be abused to the point that you are getting in the way of other peoples rights.

Anarchy is complete freedom, and it is not the way to go. It doesn't last long.

9. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Most "freedoms" are heavily regulated to the point of absurdity, such that they become privileges granted by the state, and no longer freedoms. All by design.

10. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    http://lewrockwell.com/casey/casey130.html

11. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

You don't need a permit to own a gun.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2.

12. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    You have to get government permission to buy one from a dealer.

13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Buy one from a private party then.

Sent from the toe my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

14. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Haven't tried to gather a few hundred people for a walk down the center of Main Street lately, have you?

15. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

You folks who never jumped through the hoops of the Long Island Counties of NYS don't know what you missed .... :whistling:

16. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It all really depends on what you want to do. I make a good living, get to travel and have a relatively good time with friends, family and neighbors. I own several guns, even a big black scary one, and I can reload my own ammo. I don't have a burning desire to spread mayonnaise all over my body and run through a grocery store with a basket of squirrels, but I think if I don't make a mess, and all my special parts are covered, I could do that too.

Yeah, I think people should be able to buy raw milk without the feds getting involved, I'd change a lot of things, but for the most part, they are minor tweaks. We live in one of the most free countries in history, and all in all, the best place to be at the moment. Sure, we should make it better, but there is no reason to pretend that we live in an oppressive regime. I got to travel to East Berlin, when it still was East Berlin, quite a few times. Trust me, we could be a lot worse off than we are now.