Glock Talk banner

Carry options for NY's restricted to 7 rounds.....

21K views 134 replies 75 participants last post by  Gray_Rider 
#1 · (Edited)
So now with our 7 round limit in NY, what would you chose for carry? Stick with what you've carried before and an extra low cap mag? Go back to a revolver with speed loaders or moon clips? What would you chose?

I've carried a Glock 30 for years. Now I'm thinking I may go to a S&W 620 or 625.

And yes I know a bunch of you will suggest moving....... Not an option for many of us......

#4 ·
So now with our 7 round limit in NY, what would you chose for carry? Stick with what you've carried before and an extra low cap mag? Go back to a revolver with speed loaders or moon clips? What would you chose?

A U-Haul:wavey:

TGG:whistling:

#8 ·
From what I understand,......you will only NBC able to use the high
capacity mags for a year. What are you going to do then?
I would suggest a 1911 CCO, seven rounds of proven 45acp!
As I understand it, my 10 round Glock 30 mags will still be legal, but only loaded to 7. I've been carrying a.45 for years. But I have been thinking 1911!

#13 ·
Walther PPS uses 7-round mags but the gun is NOT cheap at around $650.

TGG

#16 · (Edited)
If I was forced at gun point to move to New York.....

I would then own a G36, Springfield Armory XDs .45acp, anyone of the Kahr family of handguns, a 1911 with 7 round magazine, SIG P245, P220 or a S&W .38spl revolver.

Anyone of the above would fall within the 7 round magazine limit.

#20 ·
**** the unconstitutional bull**** and carry a full-cap handgun anyways, giving in just gives them the power they want.
not only is 7 rounds the limit for your carry gun but also your home defense gun..can you imagine 2 or more intruders breaking into your home in the middle of the night and you have to say- excuse me while i make sure i only have 7 bullets in my gun..this is pure insanity going on in NYS!

#21 ·
not only is 7 rounds the limit for your carry gun but also your home defense gun..can you imagine 2 or more intruders breaking into your home in the middle of the night and you have to say- excuse me while i make sure i only have 7 bullets in my gun..this is pure insanity going on in NYS!
Totally, I just can't see why anyone that values their life or choices as a free man would follow this just because they say so, ****ing ridiculous. People are so willing to just give in and comply it makes me sick.

#23 ·
Totally, I just can't see why anyone that values their life or choices as a free man would follow this just because they say so, ****ing ridiculous. People are so willing to just give in and comply it makes me sick.
That's the problem with most people, they give in ,crumble put there head down in defeat!

#24 ·
**** the unconstitutional bull**** and carry a full-cap handgun anyways, giving in just gives them the power they want.
Some people will "give in." Others will make a measured decision that becoming a criminal and risk going to jail or prison really isn't worth it when there are any of several perfectly acceptable handguns that will do a more than adequate job, including a 1911 which has been effective for a century, a J frame which was the standard for concealed or plainclothes carry for a couple decades, or some more modern additions, including a Shield.

#26 ·
If anyone wants the FACTS instead of hysteria, go here: http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

How hard will it be, come 4/15 to load 7 rounds in a 10, 9, or 8 round mag?

Then, according to this, you can still load 10 at the range or gun club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.