Glock Talk banner

Carry options for NY's restricted to 7 rounds.....

21K views 134 replies 75 participants last post by  Gray_Rider 
#1 · (Edited)
So now with our 7 round limit in NY, what would you chose for carry? Stick with what you've carried before and an extra low cap mag? Go back to a revolver with speed loaders or moon clips? What would you chose?

I've carried a Glock 30 for years. Now I'm thinking I may go to a S&W 620 or 625.

And yes I know a bunch of you will suggest moving....... Not an option for many of us......

#128 ·
Watching what is happening here in Colorado, I bought a Dan Wesson CCO, Commander slide on Officer's frame 1911, 7 +1, thin, lightweight, flawlessly reliable, disappears in a good holster.

This has replaced my Glock 19 as primary CCW.

.45ACP and easy to carry.

Even though we still have existing laws that the Dems want to change and reduce mag capacity, I do not trust these politicians any longer.

If I were in NY... I'd carry a lightweight commander on an officer's frame.

#129 ·
Personally, I'd just ignore the law and carry what I want. Despite that, I'm a revolver person, and just to snub them, I'd get a 2" 500 S&W magnum or short barrel Ruger Redhawk in 454 Casull and hide it wherever I could. I would also openly carry those little artillery shells for it on my belt in cartridge loops.

#133 ·
Well maybe someone will come out with a modern version of this.....
http://www.horstheld.com/0-HDH.htm

20 shot revolver.....
:wow:

NYC....

I think John Carpenter was a visionary in regards to NYC...
:rofl::rofl:

That's easy. Seven rounds then a slow reload!

Its history fits our current political climate as well. :whistling:
A friend has a 7 shot 686 snub nose. It's a beautiful piece. Not sure if they make them any more. Even if the law excludes revolvers, a 7 shot 686 L frame is still a better choice, IMO, than an 8 shot N frame, especially after comparing them side by side.

#135 · (Edited)
Correct.

And we know this to be true because if one gun is banned, the bad guy will just use another gun. We KNOW that gun bans do nothing to stop crime. Therefore, future crimes, mass shootings, etc, will call for the banning of additional guns.

No end. And even after all guns were banned, we KNOW the murders from bad guys would continue. With black market guns, and bombs.
I wonder what the antis would be saying if the Sandy Hook murderer had used #4 buck and a pump/semi auto 12 gage with sling full or two of ammo?

I know...Trick question. Those nasty AR 15's would STILL be the gun they would want eliminated. As well as the extended magazines.

Gray_Rider

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.