Glock Talk banner

Carry options for NY's restricted to 7 rounds.....

21K views 134 replies 75 participants last post by  Gray_Rider 
#1 · (Edited)
So now with our 7 round limit in NY, what would you chose for carry? Stick with what you've carried before and an extra low cap mag? Go back to a revolver with speed loaders or moon clips? What would you chose?

I've carried a Glock 30 for years. Now I'm thinking I may go to a S&W 620 or 625.

And yes I know a bunch of you will suggest moving....... Not an option for many of us......

#53 · (Edited)
No, the 10-rounders are ok to keep. Just can't put than 7 bullets in them. As if that makes sense :)

Take a look at the law! Those hi-caps are only good until 15 Jan 2014.
After that date,.......they are illegal in NY!

READ THE LAWS GUYS!!!!!

You can permanently modify the magazine so that it holds no more than ten rounds, responsibly discard it, or sell it to a dealer or an out of state purchaser by January 15, 2014.
http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

#55 ·
Take a look at the law! Those hi-caps are only good until 15 Jan 2014.
After that date,.......they are illegal in NY!

READ THE LAWS GUYS!!!!!

http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq
I've read the laws.

As I said above, the 11+ have to be gotten rid of, but the 10-rounders can be kept forever (unless they decide to change the law again a couple years from now).

Please point to why you think the 10-rounders will have to go. This is important stuff, so I don't want to miss anything :)

#59 ·
I've read the laws.
As I said above, the 11+ have to be gotten rid of, but the 10-rounders can be kept forever (unless they decide to change the law again a couple years from now).
The next time a school shooting occurs in NY or nearby the next NY ban will probably require getting rid of those excessive 10 round magazines that are currently grandfathered. Be prepared to see "3 is enough."
You can keep the 7 round mags but can't load more than 3 rounds in them.

#67 ·
I don't think it's a matter of difficulty loading a 10 round mag with 7. It's a matter of the bad guy will not be observing the new law. The law abiding citizens are now effectively at a severe disadvantage if ever engaged in a defensive shooting
Which is the whole idea behind gun control to start with, especially in the PRNY from the begining. Their draconian Stalinist Sullivan Act was to protect the criminals who were complaining to city government about armed citizens.

How such foolery gets voted in for so long is unimaginable to me but the vast majority of the people in the world cannot live w/o someone's boot heel firmly implanted on their necks and their faces in the muck.:dunno::faint:

Like others, I will not spend a dime or vacation in ANY state that is known as a people's republic. EVER.

My condolences to everyone stuck there for whatever reason. Many have stated how they love their state's scenery, mountains, snowmobiling, etc. I myself would not live there if I was given a place to live and I lived tax free.

I despise how a certain group, drunk with power, has destroyed so much freedom in our counry, yet still have the audacity to wave their flags and sing the national anthem. They are traitors, and those who vote for them are traitors.

May hell be paid.

Gray_Rider

#68 ·
No, the 10-rounders are ok to keep. Just can't put than 7 bullets in them. As if that makes sense.
They are NY Nazis and commie libs. You surely didn't expect them to make sense did you? They want you helpless and dependent. Just like their forefathers were in Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia.

"Liberalisim is a mental disorder."

M. Savage.

I myself believe liberalisim to be satanic blindness, but the end result is the same. The innocent will suffer, and the guilty will be rewarded and set free.....for now.

Gray_Rider

#72 ·
Easy. Use 15rd mags instead of the 10rd mags your using now. If you get arrested take it all the way to the SCOTUS! It's time law abiding Americans take a stand to these limp wristed head in the sand no good pieces of ****!
I know a guy who was arrested with a 30 round mag for his AK. He was convicted and is doing jail time for it. It doesn't have to go to the Supreme Court. I don't think they would even consider it.

#73 ·
I live in NY its just bull. Everywhere you go little old ladys are pissed about this gun law. I mean it. They are just not telling the side of the gun owners very well. All you keep hearing is the poor children. Well obummer gets THOUSANDS of guards today to protect him being swarn in. THOUSANDS. Your kids cant get one. And NY is safer with less guns and less bullets in clips. All I can say is you would not drive accross the world to see the wonders and sit in your car. That said I am thinking of trading off my 37 for a 39.

#75 ·
I know a guy who was arrested with a 30 round mag for his AK. He was convicted and is doing jail time for it. It doesn't have to go to the Supreme Court. I don't think they would even consider it.
Somehow I was under the impression that NY had allowed mags as large as 30 rounds to be grandfathered in the past. Did he get charged with owning a nongrandfathered mag?
This would make me wonder how they would know for sure if it was grandfathered or not since there is no date stamping on surplus mags like he is charged with. A tapco mag sure it would be pretty obvious but a surplus mag no way to tell since most of them were made before 1994.

#76 ·
Somehow I was under the impression that NY had allowed mags as large as 30 rounds to be grandfathered in the past. Did he get charged with owning a nongrandfathered mag?
This would make me wonder how they would know for sure if it was grandfathered or not since there is no date stamping on surplus mags like he is charged with. A tapco mag sure it would be pretty obvious but a surplus mag no way to tell since most of them were made before 1994.
That I can't answer. Google the Middletown Record, it is in it's archives, maybe 6-8 months ago, in the town of Monticello, NY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.