Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Carry holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by DS26, Mar 14, 2011.

1. DS26

Mar 8, 2011
    I'm sure this has been covered and maybe beaten to death but I'm new so please forgive me. I just got a Glock 26 G4 I looking for info about a good outside high hip holster. I have been told to stay away from plastic holsters as they can scratch the gun. I'm leaning toward a clip on not a belt but this isn't written in stone any thoughts welcome. This is my first gun so I'm new to the concept of carrying and what is good bad or dreadful.
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    2 words. Crossbreed Supertuck. :thumbsup:

3. Warp

Jul 31, 2005
    Check again.
  4. cptdean

Dec 18, 2010
    I'm partial to the UBG Regulator ( Excellent quality at a great price, and a fairly quick turnaround on order.
  5. johntom

Jul 18, 2010
    Try the glock sport/combat holster, I think it will be exactly what youre looking for and can be had for $10-15
  6. Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    You've been told wrong. Leather will wear the gun far more than kydex. Kydex will give you an infinitely better draw too. Tons of companies make them, take your pick.
  7. Well you have two outstanding quality G.T members who make great holsters.
    I have bought several from each for different guns.

Depending on what you want you have:

Eric at

Randy with

Do yourself a favor and at least check these two out before making a decision.
  8. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    Why do you want an OWB holster for such a small pistol?, Cross Breed Supertucks are said to great IWBs My Comp-Tac Mtac Minotaur is very comfortable with my Glock 17, and Theis holster (also a member here) get well regarded.
    They conceal MUCH better and keeps the pistol bumps down
  9. I have 2 that I like. The one on the right is quickly becoming my favorite. It is a Triple-K that I found and the Cowboy and Shooters Supply for $20. It is small and holds the gun tight and also holds my G19. I love this one so much that I bought a spare for the future. For $20, you can't go wrong.

The one on the left is a Don Hume, $50. Just got this one so still breaking it in but so far, I like it alot. I bought the G19 barrel length but it holds the G26 well.

I have a question for you Crossbreed Supertuckers; I've been avoiding IWB because I am fairly slim and all of my clothes fit perfect. I am not about to purchase a new wardrobe over a holster. The Supertucks look so big. Has anyone in this situation bought one and found them to be too tight to wear or will it be OK?

Attached Files:

10. DS26

Mar 8, 2011
    If I could lose some weight I would go with the supertuck but until then I will have to stick with outside. I like the look of a few of the holsters you guys posted I will try to find someplace local that sells similar holsters that I can try then make a decision I suspect I will not be happy with the first one I try I will have to get used to the concept then I will find the right fit.
  11. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    The Crossbreed Snapside or any of the premium Galco holsters are great.
  12. viper144

Dec 25, 2010
    I too was in your similar situation. For reason of my own, I too do not like and do not want to wear an IWB holster. So after looking for quite some time, I finally settled on the EL PASO saddlery "high slide" holster. It works perfect for me. Super high ride with the barrel of the 26 only hanging below the belt about 1/2 inch. Easily concealed with an untucked shirt.
  13. KarlThomas

Nov 29, 2010
    Check out the middle left version of this guy's holsters. He's selling these for $30 and everybody that has bought one seems to like them very well.
    They're kydex and available just about any way you can ask for. I wouldn't worry about kydex scratching the gun. Leather will rub and strip the finish off a gun much faster.

I for one think it's a great thing to have a custom handmade holster and to support our brothers here on the forum if they make a quality product.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  14. 2 words. Reading Comprehension.
  15. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
  16. This is what I'm wearing right now.After all Glock made the pistol AND the holster.yom.:cool:
  17. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    OWB is generally just as concealable and more comfortable than IWB. I have a cbst, but still prefer OWB. The glock sport holster worn on a proper gunbelt is a great start.
  18. Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
  19. tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    GLOCK SPORT COMBAT HOLSTER is all you need, does not scratches anything!
    This is the best holster specially for the G26:
  20. Glockpimp

Jan 16, 2011
    i would get a Fobus paddle, but i love them. btw...when you find a piece of plastic that will scratch a Glock, let me know.