close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Carry chambered?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by danbaum, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freespirit34

freespirit34 BMFTSY

Apr 2, 2009
    NC Mountains
    If you don't carry chambered, it is just a club. Do get comfortable first.

2. glockerbob

glockerbob

Apr 12, 2010
    Texas
    Im a fat boy...been carring since 96 and never had a discharge cause of the love handles

3. NHmike

NHmike

Aug 17, 2010
    Not chambered, then you might as well use it as a strilking tool. It must be chambered, you will fell more comfy with it as time goes on. Good luck!

4. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I once saw a post either here or on another forum where a police officer shot himself in the leg because the drawstring from his pants or windbreaker somehow found its way into this trigger-guard upon re-holstering. It is most definitely something to look out for and do EXTRA slow.

5. chukb

chukb

Feb 23, 2010
    SW FL
    sounds like good entertainment for the other people at the range.:rofl:

6. hatidua

hatidua

Nov 21, 2004
    right here
    Daily.

It initially takes some getting used to (coming from a 1911 with manual safety), but you do get used to it, especially if your holster has retention adjustment.

7. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    well, you could always carry it empty for a few years. Then count the number of times the trigger gets pulled inside your holster while on your person. Think of it like that. Just don't leave the gun laying around. Keep it on you in your holster or locked in a safe and you'll be good to go.

8. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    1. Carrying unchambered is pretty much useless, 2. if you are worried about your holster not protecting the gun from going off, then you should get a new holster.

9. teeuu

teeuu

Nov 16, 2002
    I know this is blasphemy but...

If you're really uncomfortable packing a Glock with one up the spout you might want to consider trading it in on a Ruger SR9. A nice Glock-like pistol with a manual safety.

I think that you must be completely comfortable with a gun you are going to trust your life to.

As for me, My 17 & 23 ride IWB (yep, even the 17) or OWB always with chambers loaded.

10. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    Possibly get another IWB holster with a hard Kydex body that surrounds the pistol? The hard Kydex will keep you from bumping the trigger accidently when holstered. Luckily Glocks are very common so you have a LOT of good holsters to choose from.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  11. Cheytac

Cheytac

Mar 22, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    LEOs carry chambered. Is your Glock any different than yours? I always have 1 ready to head downrange... :wavey:

12. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    This is what I would say.

13. Zertek

Zertek

Nov 21, 2005
    :agree: and btw :welcome: to GT

14. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
    YES! I carry a pistol - Not a Club.

15. hackinpeat

hackinpeat

May 21, 2010
    Washington
    I always carry with one in the pipe...

Do not use a soft holster, the holster is your safety, find some stiff leather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.