close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Carry Chambered in Texas?

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by Arbee, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Arbee

Arbee

May 15, 2000
    DFW - Texas
    A post in another subforum here indicated that it is illegal in Texas to carry with a round chambered. Is this something new, or long established? Can anyone point to a reference for this - prefereably in the DPS document on Handgun laws.

Thanks,

Arbee

2. RPBROWN

RPBROWN PAWPAW

Jan 22, 2005
    Irving, Texas
    This is not true. Don't know how this information got out there but it has been put on several forums.

3. Glenn E. Meyer

Glenn E. Meyer

Feb 27, 2000
    TX
    Some troll moron posted it, most likely. Interesting to see the post that started it.

4. Arbee

Arbee

May 15, 2000
    DFW - Texas
    Right. I was doubtful and read through the entire DPS downloaded doc last night and could find nothing.

5. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    I've always felt that not carrying a round in the chamber defeats carrying at all.

6. nuparadigm

nuparadigm

Aug 12, 2004
    Houston area
    Agreed! I've never run into this particular bit of mis-information before, but it doesn't surprise me.

7. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

Dec 13, 2004
    The Rock of Eternity
    Can you post a link to the post where this is mentioned? I'd like to read it.

And as everyone else said, it's completely false. You can either carry a firearm or you can't.

8. APD

APD Trunk Monkey

Oct 5, 2002
    Travis County,TX
    +1