close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Carry 24/7 or just when needed?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by rbnfl, Jan 2, 2010.

1. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I do not want to have some lawyer in front of a judge/jury implying that I was guilty of murder because I thought way ahead of time to get my handgun from my bedroom in my distant house and shoot the deceased scumbag who had kidnapped my daughter in front of my unarmed person.

2. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

Jan 14, 2005
    MT
    Do you wear a seatbelt 24/7...or only when you're doing 80 down an icy patch of country road at midnight?

24/7

3. Many folks are somewhat selective of when they carry. While it is true that you never know when you will need it, the same can be said about lots of other things we selectively carry at various times. Someone who actually carries 24/7/365 and is not in a combat zone, folks that carry in the shower, folks that sleep cuddled up to the gun like it was a teddy bear, etc......well, no need to comment further, IMO. If you can't tell the difference between a relatively safe location and a relatively bad location you have a lot worse problem than if you should carry a gun or not, IMO.

4. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    If you are going to just carry "when needed", I hope your Spidey Sense is under warranty. THE DAY will not announce itself.....

5. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA

I got "made" at Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's. My cousin just got his CHP and was carrying. Noticed I had extra bumps. Asked me what I was carrying and lifted his coat to show his Sigma.

6. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Same here is Virginia. Already some Bills waiting on the new session that affect the Second Amendment Right. And we hope we can get McDonnell to sign the law for concealed carry to be okay in places like Applebee's. I don't drink. But can't CCW in a place that serves alcohol.

7. I carry 24/7, I'm not so good at predicting the future.

8. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    "Relatively" leaves a lot of room. Bad stuff can happen anywhere. The mall. The Wal*Mart. YOUR CHURCH.

9. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Agreed on the shower, etc.

I'm curious, how do you make the determination that a place you are about to go to is safe enough to not carry?

10. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
  11. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    Why? Glocks don't mind the saltwater. :supergrin: I should design and patent a neoprene holster! That way you can pick off the sharks as you surf! :cool:

12. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Oct 25, 2008
    If I knew when/where it was going to be needed I'd make sure to be SOMEWHERE ELSE at that time.

Carry 24/7, with very very few exceptions. Ironically, the only exception I can remember has been to the sheriff's office to renew my CHL.

13. +1 Normally a revolver in my jean's pocket.

14. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    If you're not going to carry it all the time, why carry it at all? You're gambling with your life.

15. GlockontheRocks

GlockontheRocks

May 28, 2009
    The one morning I did need it, it was'nt one me. It's on or close by 24/7 now. You don't and can't predict the future. Learn from other's lessons and heed the advice.

16. Took mine off to shower once, I just felt sooo naked.
    24/7

17. Misty02

Misty02

Aug 25, 2008
    Florida
    A family bonding moment! :) I think it would be kind of cool if something like that happened in our family gatherings.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>