close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Caracal

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jp3975, May 12, 2011.

1. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    Anyone own a Caracal yet?

Curious what people who own them think. Saw some on gunbroker for $550.

[​IMG]

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO

3. FreakyBig

FreakyBig Massive Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Tennessee
    Troy is about 30min from me and does most of my AK work. He is an outstanding guy to deal with and as soon as there is a NS option, I'll be picking up a F and hopefully eventually a SC model.

4. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner

Oct 5, 2009
    USA
    I haven't seen one in person yet. I'm a bit curious about getting one, but I'm not sure if I could pull the trigger.

Who knows it may be the best fitting handgun I've ever felt. Probably not though.

5. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Never heard of these, until this very moment........

Just wondering, though......Why the high visibility yellow strip? My first thought is I wouldn't buy one of these because I'd rather have the low profile advantage of not having something that stands out like that.......?

The only time I'd overlook something like that, is on a stainless gun.......there, you usually don't have much of a choice if you want stainless.......but, that Caracal is like wearing hunter's orange, when you don't have to!

hog

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  6. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    US models are all black. The inserts come in different colors and the intended purpose is for military units to color cordinate. Its a wilhelm bubits design...if you're familliar with the steyr m pistols and he was also a designer at glock.

The only thing I don't like is the site on the f model. Part of the pistol. But I imagine they will change that soon. I plan to get one with the quick site when I get a chance. I think its novel...and its pretty functional from what the gun rags say.

I think ill wait a while to see how it goes...was just curious if anyone had one yet.

7. I've never held one in my hand, but I'll be shooting one in a couple of weeks down in Oak Ridge, TN.

8. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    Let us know how you like it.

9. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Is he a troll?

Sep 25, 2009
    First I have heard of it. Looks like it sits low like a HK p7 which I like. Interested in firing one....

10. AaronZR2

AaronZR2

Jun 17, 2010
    Shot one...not bad. I wouldn't spend that much for it though. One negative is you better like the factory sights because the rear sight is integral with the striker mechanism...

11. Xenogy

Xenogy

Mar 7, 2006
    Washington
    No experience with the pistol, but I have dealt with the distributor of this pistol (Waffen Werks) and they are absolutely top notch in taking care of issues.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  12. I hope so...

I've got an email into them right now and I've yet to hear back... :dunno:

13. FreakyBig

FreakyBig Massive Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Tennessee
    The guns have the same feel as my Steyr M40-A1. I have no question about reliability considering the designer and the similarity to the Glock and Steyr pistols. As soon as there is a change to the sites, I'm on board.

14. PUNISHER56

PUNISHER56

Dec 24, 2006
    INDIANA
    The United Arab Emirates arn't making enough money off of us
    in oil, so now they are making guns.:faint:

15. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Jan 3, 2006
    Humble, TX
    SAVE YOUR MONEY, GLOCKS ARE CHEAPER IF YOU LOOK AROUND!:faint:

16. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    Yeah...everyone already has Glocks.:tongueout:

I like the Steyr m better myself. This is the next pistol by the steyr designer.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  17. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

May 4, 2007
    Smallville
    I wouldnt mind having one, as I'm a fan of Bubits. However, I've grown tired of plastic frame autos.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  18. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Jul 19, 2004
    Oregon
    Yeah, I think I'll save my money, let you guys test them out for a while befor I'd buy one. After my little jaunt with the Kimber Solo I'm in no rush to buy a new to the market handgun.