close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Caracal F and Caracal C Video Review

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by plouffedaddy, May 27, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    [​IMG]

I've had these guns for about 3 weeks and I only wish I had them longer. Accuracy-great. Reliability-great. Ease of maintenance--great. Ergos---great for me. I really don't have a bad thing to say about these firearms. Some people bash them due to political reasons but I'm not a politician; I'm a shooter.

Here's a video review of some shooting, chronograph tests, and a tabletop review/discussion of the guns.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcILzQIObeI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcILzQIObeI[/ame]

Chronograph data

Caracal F:

124gr +p HSTs--1132fps. 353 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
    124gr HSTs--1096fps. 331 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
    115gr Rangers---1102fps. 310 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle

Caracal C:

124gr +p HSTs--1127fps. 350 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
    124gr HSTs--1071fps. 316 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
    115gr Rangers--1072fps. 304 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.

2. Rustin

Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to learn more about these new pistol's. They look like an excellent firearm. How is the recoil between the caracal and the Glock? It seems like the people who are able to get their hands on the caracal are reporting good things. I can't wait to get one out to the range. I wonder how much spare mags cost?

Good review, thanks.

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Thanks for the review, the rear sight swap is interesting.

:50cal:

4. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    The recoil of the C feels pretty much the same as a G19, but I think the G19 is a very mild recoiling gun. I was just at the range with my mother in law (very inexperienced shooter, but she wants to learn) and she loved the Caracal C. She has only fired a G19 previously and she remarked how light the recoil was on the C so take that for what it's worth.

On the F model, it does seem to be extremely light recoiling; lighter than a G17. It feels like my G17L.

The spare mags are $20 at centerfiresystems.com which is where I got my guns too.

5. Raven1967

Raven1967

Apr 26, 2012
    NE Oklahoma
    Great review and video! I own 3 Caracals standard F and two Quicksight models all have been flawless.Excellent gun for the money and shoot about any kind of ammo with no issues.

6. ftw13

ftw13

Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth,TX
    they are excellent pistols. they sent larry vickers one to test out and he posted on m4c that he was impressed by it FWIW. wilhelm bubits is a great designer

7. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    My only question is whether to get a PPQ or Caracal.

8. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Well, I sold my PPQ and I'm not selling my Caracal; that's for sure. :supergrin:

The PPQ is a fantastic gun but the high bore axis just annoyed me. It was reliable and accurate--the two things I always look for in firearms, but it had the muzzle flip of a 40S&W in a 9mm gun:dunno:
    [​IMG]

9. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    Maybe Ill go with the caracal then. It will be a bit though.

10. Comedian

Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    I just picked up a C. As soon as some ammo gets delivered, I'm going to take it to the range and put it up against my new FNS 9. Lets see which gets the prize.

11. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    I really like the FNS but I'd give the edge to the Caracal. It's close though; I'm a huge FN fan.

Both guns have very high tangs which I love for fast, accurate shooting :)

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  12. Comedian

Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    I haven't shot either yet, but i do like the controls on the FNS better than the Caracal. The slide stop and mag release are easier to actuate on the FNS. And Caracal needs to give some night sight options.

13. ftw13

ftw13

Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth,TX
    Trijicon is making night sights for the Caracals,should be out soon

14. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    I find this funny because I 100% agree, but it's one of the reasons I like the Caracal better. I look at it as 'less chance you'll actuate them accidently.'

I guess that's why it's great that there are so many good guns on the market these days.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  15. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    That will be good news. I'd just like the rear notch to be wider than the factory on my C Model. Shot my 19 the same day, with the same ammo and I thought the Caracal recoiled lighter than the 19. One day I'll have to try the F Model.

16. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    It would be welcome news indeed. The more aftermarket support these guns get the better. They don't need much but I do like to run night sights on my defensive guns.

17. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    I hope they get a new importer soon. I want a .40 C model.

18. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Yes. They do seem to quickly orient your eyes on the front sight which is helpful in close. I didn't go for them though because I don't have any problem picking up the front sight quickly but for people who tend to "bowl" or "fish" with their draw it may help.

19. ftw13

ftw13

Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth,TX
    night sights are very much overrated,you will be point shooting in a defensive scenario. especially if it is in very close quarters,you wont be lining up your sights. practice point shooting you will benefit from it immensely. if you absolutely need glowing dots get some of the paint that has come out and dot them yourself