close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

car accidents

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by sfdfirefighter, Oct 27, 2005.

1. oldstyle

oldstyle Jeep Pirate

Jan 31, 2002
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Tour bus vs. about eight cars. Three trapped, two in an upsidedown Dodge utility, and a third in an Explorer. There was also a motorcycle under the bus...but it was being towed by the Dodge. Two fatalities...
    [​IMG]

2. MiamiE

MiamiE

Oct 18, 2005
    South Florida
    great pics but nothing like we get in Miami. ;P

3. well post some pics, the dept i am with is just a small town dept

4. do you like the stability jacks you use. my dept is looking in to buying them. i think we are getting the res q jak brand one of there reps came out and did a demo and we really liked them.

5. MiamiE

MiamiE

Oct 18, 2005
    South Florida
    i really cant say much about them as ive only used them once or twice but from what i see, they rock man, nothing worse than having a flipped car snap in half or fall on your crew. ;)

6. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    My dept has Nightmare Rescue Struts. We've used them in training and they worked well. As with any strut, you've got to use a chain or ratchet strap or something to tie down the bottom so it doesn't kick out. I attempted to use them once on a real crash but we didn't have enough room to deploy them.

http://www.junkyarddogindustries.com/RescueStruts.asp

They are made by a guy local to me, but I have no connections with him.

7. yeah thats the only thing that sucks is that you have to have room to use them. the Nightmare Rescue Struts are almost the same as the res q jak ones. what kind of hydraulic tools does you dept use?

8. jonemtp

jonemtp

Feb 27, 2005
    CT

9. jonemtp

jonemtp

Feb 27, 2005
    CT

10. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    You mean the garbage man was pinned under his truck?

11. jonemtp

jonemtp

Feb 27, 2005
    CT
    Yes they both lived, this call was back in October. I been in Fire/EMS for 11 years and this was probably the most challenging call I have ever done. I have seen and done some pretty crazy things and this call is probably tops. A book can be written about this call.

12. Glock-A-Roo

Glock-A-Roo

Jan 18, 2000
    Jon: what did you have to do regarding airway management? Any further info is appreciated (non-HIPAA, of course); it would be good to learn from this one.