Glock Talk banner

Capturing a .swf file.

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Chesafreak 
#1 ·
I would like to capture a Adobe Flash Player audio file from a internet radio show. My daughter's jazz album was featured on the program and I would like to preserve the host's comments.

Is there a simple way to capture the file?

I suppose my daughter could call the host and request a copy of the show.

#3 ·
Easiest way would be to install one of the many Firefox plugins that do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#4 · (Edited)
If the video is linked thru youtube, you can go to the website "listentoyoutube.com" and extract just the audio in two flavor formats: mp3 or WAV.
It is an Audio file, no video.

Easiest way would be to install one of the many Firefox plugins that do that.
Thanks. I will look into it. I found a web site that said I could copy it from temporary internet files but it comes up as a zero length file. The program is two hours long. In the end I think my daughter just wants the lead in and the comments after but the whole show won't hurt.

#6 · (Edited)
Give me a link to the site.
The current version of the Don Kennedy Show. Available here:

http://www.bigbandjump.com/

(Not the top player {Big Band Jump} on the page the lower one, this week's current Don Kennedy Show.)

57 minutes in to the show at the beginning of hour two, that is my daughter singing Honeysuckle Rose with the Hillsdale College Faculty Jazz Ensemble.

Thanks for the help.

#10 ·
Through the help of a number of gracious folks here my daughter and I were both able to get a .mp3 version of the show.

I will have to look into getting the appropriate plugins so we can do this ourselves.

Thanks all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.