close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Captain38 Passes

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Mas Ayoob, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Captain38, for many years a voice of reason and useful assistance at Glock Talk in general and in the Cop Talk section in particular, passed away peacefully yesterday at 2 PM.

Captain Chuck Hargis, 73, had retired from the Kentucky State Police after some three decades of distinguished service. A successful competitive shooter for many years, he was also a graduate of the FBI National Academy,
    and many other training programs around the country.

His widow, Ann, asked me to post this here. Those who loved and appreciated Chuck are grateful for the outpouring of support he received from Glock Talk members when he announced his cancer diagnosis in Cop Talk last month.

Visitation will be Monday, June 21 at the First Baptist Church in Richmond, KY, from 5 to 9 PM. The Memorial Service will be the following day, at 11 AM Tuesday at the church.

May this fine man rest in peace. He devoted his time without compensation to assist and advise brother and sister officers everywhere, to the very end.

2. true believer

true believer Moderator

Apr 17, 2000
    drexel hill pa
    ditto....
    :angel::patriot:

3. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

May 17, 2002
    Hallstead, PA
    So sorry to hear of your friend's passing. I hope that the knowledge that Captain38 is not suffering and is in a good place will bring some comfort to his family.

Rest in peace Captain38.

4. I'm sorry to hear that. I really enjoyed reading his postings

5. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    RIP Captain 38. My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

6. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
    Very sorry to hear this, Mas. Condolences to Ann and the rest of the family.