close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Capacity isn't important"

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by beforeobamabans, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Unfortunately, the need for ongoing concern still exists as this type of gang activity continued over this past weekend once again in Chicago. Roving gangs have been appearing in trendy areas downtown, and were responsible for committing attacks against average everyday citizens just this past Sunday in the Gold Coast.*CBS 2 reports “15-20 young men between 16-20 years old and black,” approached a man near Northwestern University, one of whom threw a baseball at his face, as the rest proceeded to beat him up."

Food for thought?

2. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

I don't think this is an argument for higher capacity guns. Drop one and the rest will scatter.

3. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    :agree:

4. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    This.

Statistics tell us that you're not going to need 14 rounds when you draw your handgun. And statistically speaking, as much as you might think you need to carry that RPG just in case, you're not going to be the exception to the statistics.

5. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    Not sure fighting 15 people with a handgun is feasible.

6. Good luck with that.

7. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Feb 6, 2007
    S.E.Florida

I would not count on that. Why take the chance.
    Sometimes one shot will incite a mob.
    Be prepared...

8. And of course, none of the gangbangers will be armed....
    And I shoot 1" patterns from 25 yds at the range so, I'd never miss in the adrenaline rush of a real confrontation....

9. well said!

10. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    I agree with the above. If there close enough to warrant deadly force then chances are one goes down and they don't scatter your gonna get overwhelmed. If there far enough away then chances are deadly force is going to be viewed as obsessive since you did not run but could have. That is assuming there unarmed. Its almost a catch 22 either decisions would end badly.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  11. Why carry?

12. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    Unless you are armed with a full automatic weapon, or your name is Obi Wan Kanobi, there is no way you are fighting off 15-20 gang members with one handgun.

13. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Which handgun do you take on mobs with?

14. If you don't use all 15 rounds, you can just leave the rest of them in the magazine. How many people ever complained about having too much ammo in a gunfight, or too many sheets of toilet paper on the roll?

15. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    What about a handgun and my trusty TACTICAL PEN?! :mallninja:

:rofl:I'm sorry, I had to.:rofl:

16. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011

Was not trying to say people shouldn't carry. Just there are situations that even being armed with a high cap pistols your options are still dismal at best.

17. I'm sure you're right, but the ones up front are coming with me...

18. Statistically speaking I you won't need your seatbelt today so why bother wearing it.

Statistically speaking you won't get a flat tire today so why bother having one in the car.

Statistically speaking when I left the house today I won't need a gun at all so why bother carrying one?

If I relied on statistics to determine my carry gun I would not have had one on me the three times I have uses one for self defense.

I don't carry a gun for an average day I carry one for.the worst day.

19. You better be able to search and assess quickly. My tactics would be determined by my means of escape and who (family) I had with me. I would do whatever I had to do to prevent my family from being attacked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.