close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Capacity for civilian carry

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by beforeobamabans, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hi, Mas.

I'm interested in your informed opinion on capacity for civvy carry guns. I see many people on GT who go for the smallest gun or largest caliber without regard for capacity and rely on making a mag change. While everyone would likely agree that 'more is merrier', I'm curious as to whether you've established your own personal minimum for capacity in your carry guns.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Up to the individual, though I'd suggest an honest threat assessment profile. You're in a business where armed robbery by multiple perpetrators is relatively high risk? High capacity is a no-brainer. Realistically perceived needs should dictate choice.

I don't feel helpless carrying a six-shooter, and do on occasion. Feel perfectly comfortable carry a 1911, too. Each of us has to find our own balance on that one. It's one of those questions that's really better suited to multiple opinions in a forum environment, IMHO.

Best,
    Mas