close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Canton police officer goes berserk on man with licensed gun

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Phantom465, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom465

Phantom465
    Expand Collapse

#1 Phantom465, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
  2. kensteele

kensteele
    Expand Collapse

3. Phantom465

Phantom465
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, they just played the video on the 11:00 news, so I thought it was NEW news :whistling:

4. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01
    Expand Collapse
    Pretty Ladies!

IBTL on this one too!

:woohoo:

5. Sam Spade

Sam Spade
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

I'm starting to wonder if this is the new "I'm the only one professional enough" video.

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

Maybe

IGF

7. KTM950S

KTM950S
    Expand Collapse

Why would a gun board, that ostensibly caters to law abiding conceal carry citizens, lock a thread that discusses those who abuse and threaten law abiding conceal carry citizens?

8. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had not seen this. I've been pretty damn busy the last month. So, thanks for the jambog

9. ncglock19

ncglock19
    Expand Collapse

Someone call me when this guy gets his hearing. I want to see if they sweep it under the rug or he pays for his misbehavior.

nc19

10. Calico Jack

Calico Jack
    Expand Collapse
    NO QUARTER

That officer is a major liability.

#10 Calico Jack, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  11. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19
    Expand Collapse

Maybe because it has been posted numerous times prior to this thread? One thread in Carry Issues is plenty.

12. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19
    Expand Collapse

I think Russ will only allow this topic to be discussed if it pertains to Carry Issues. If you want to discuss the officer's actions or dis the police, do it elsewhere. The original thread was moved to the civil liberties section for that very reason.

#12 OD Green Glock 19, Jul 23, 2011
  13. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Perhaps we should discuss the best method of informing officers if they don't let you get a full sentence in. I somehow doubt yelling "I HAVE A GUN" over the officer is the best idea. So...what is?

#13 Warp, Jul 23, 2011
  14. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama
    Expand Collapse
    Fuhgettaboutit

That makes LE's look bad. I bet he's going thru marital problems and kicks the dog as soon as he gets home.

15. rquintana

rquintana
    Expand Collapse

This is from the website the video directs you to for an update on this matter:

UPDATE 7/22/2011: Canton Police announced Thursday that the officer was relieved of all duties in June following an internal investigation complaint filed in this matter. The local Canton Repository has done some additional investigatory work into the officers and an excellent analysis of the video / audio we posted. The video and story has gone both viral and national crossing over to websites not typically affiliated with the pro-gun movement. Shortly after 7:00pm Thursday our website could no longer handle the volume of visitors we were receiving. We promptly quadrupled the resources behind OhioCCW.org in light of the popularity of this story.

#15 rquintana, Jul 23, 2011
  16. crsuribe

crsuribe
    Expand Collapse
    10mm Auto

YOU SONOFA....!!! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT LOL:rofl:

17. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19
    Expand Collapse

In the idiot driver's defense he did have his CHP out ready to present to the officer the entire time. I think he even tried to muster the courage to present it to the officers a couple times. This was just a perfect storm of idiot, insecure driver new to CCW, oblivious partner fumbling around like a dip****, and an irate prick with a badge and some serious control and anger issues.

18. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't think the driver/carrier was at all responsible. None whatsoever. He tried to verbally tell the officer multiple times and also tried to hand him the CHL. He officer was just too full of himself and his authority.

If you think the driver was insecure...what could have have done betteR

19. crsuribe

crsuribe
    Expand Collapse
    10mm Auto

Scream at the top of his lungs I HAVE A MOTHEREFFING GUN YOU EFFIN COP

20. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19
    Expand Collapse

The video was hard to watch. I kept waiting for the cops to pay the ultimate price for their complacency. It's sad when a civilian can casually point out numerous deadly mistakes these officers were making. The irate officer clearly has some issues. He has no business wearing a badge. He should be relieved of duty immediately. If his partner gets to keep his badge, this had better be a wake-up call for him. These guys could have been killed 10 times over in this stop from all the grave mistakes they were making. When the irate officer realized the driver was armed I think he was immediately aware of all the rookie mistakes they had made and was absolutely irate at himself. Unfortunately for the driver, instead of directing his anger at the dip**** who was responsible for the mistakes, the arrogant prick took out his anger on the weak driver, who was incapable of defending himself. The barrage of insults and threats that ensued were some of the most unprofessional I have heard in a while. The people defending this piece of trash are scumbags IMO. The driver is more-than-likely guilty, but nobody should have to endure such heinous insults and threats from a civil servant with more authority than he can handle. That driver is SO lucky that the dashcam caught Dumb and Dumber in action or this would have probably ended much differently. It's scary to think of what these guys may have gotten away with in the past and the trouble they could have caused in the future had this scene not been caught on tape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.