close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Can't load G37 mags full.

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by David_Ely, Mar 27, 2010.

1. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI
    I cannot get all 10 rounds into my G37 magazines and when I do, I either can't load them with the slide closed or they cause malfunctions. :crying: I just finished an 8 hour handgun class where I shot over 400 rounds out of my G38. As long as I only loaded 9 rounds in my G37 magazines, all was fine. When I forced the 10th round in and tried it, the gun jammed up bad.

Is there anything I can do, other than add mag extensions, to fix my magazines? Anybody else experience this? For the record, the standard G38 eight round magazines all functioned flawlessly with 8 rounds in them.

2. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    Yes I have. Just load all ten in your mags and let them sit. I found that they work after sitting with all 10 rnds in the mags for awhile. They are some STRONG springs in those 37 magazines!:shocked:

3. BIG-DOG

BIG-DOG

Mar 24, 2010
    Mine did the same thing until I loaded them and let them set a few days

4. Trey83

Trey83

Feb 28, 2010
    My thumbs HATED me after my first day at the range with my 37. I didn't have any failures caused by the springs though. I would say just let them sit loaded like others have metioned. I have had mine loaded for a while now and plan to say if they have gotten any better tonight

5. Trey83

Trey83

Feb 28, 2010
  6. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI
    :rofl: My thumb is killing me after an entire day of constantly loading GAP magazines!

7. Is the Uplula better than the Glock loader??? You bet your sweet bippy!!!:supergrin:
    IMHO!

8. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Does your UpLula actually work on your GAP mags? I actually saw it in writing where you could NOT use it with the GAP rounds in the Glock (go down 1/4 page).

http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm

* Does NOT load properly:

Glock G36 6rd .45 SS (Single Stack) (Beak will not come out of mag.)

Glock G37/8/9 .45 G.A.P. DS (Double Stack) (Beak will not come out of mag.)

S&W 7rd 9mm SS (Beak too wide, does not enter between lips)

Maybe that was simply lawyer-speak but....

9. They must have forgotten to tell my Uplula that. :whistling: I loaded 130 GAP rounds with it into G-37 mags today. I was able to get 10 rounds into each of the mags. It does not work as well as with 9mm, but it beats loading by hand. The beak would stick a little, then come clear. I will continue to use it for loading GAP mags.

10. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Interesting. I have an UpLula coming for my other guns, so I will have to give it a try too. :cool:

11. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI
    Here's what happened when I tried to run my G38 with all ten rounds in a G37 magazine:

[​IMG]

12. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    all that attention (peeps in the background) you'd a thought you had a KB...

13. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI