Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Cant find leather holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by gregs55150, Feb 18, 2012.

1. gregs55150

Jun 4, 2011
    Why am I having such a hard time finding a black leather holster for my G23? Yes I am fussy about it but i dont want an ISWB or a plastic type holster.I have looked in a few local stores like Cabelas and local shops but nothing.I am also worried about buying one online getting it and not liking it.I hate to be so pesamistic about this but I wont be happy with just any holster.I have looked online as well and have to check out Bianchi I guess and see what they have.Any help on this will be appreciated.TY
  2. Good luck getting what YOU want.

I wasn't satisfied with anything I found for my needs so started a new hobby.

Like you I am not in love with kydex, etc.

3. papajohn

Dec 11, 2011
    safariland 328 for g22 g23 black leather OWB pancake style holster hugs body fine.
  4. ibedanny

ibedanny Big Member ;P

Aug 1, 2006
    Lake Worth, FL
    Try Kolbeson leatherworks. I like my leather rig :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  5. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    I have a few Nick Mathews that I really like, good quality and price.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  6. Stevenson

Jan 21, 2012
    Trying to find a store bought or off the rack holster, and being particular does not add up. Look at a custom leather maker. I just ordered a all black leather one for my G23 from:

Great products, short wait time.
  7. alba666

alba666 WWJGD

Dec 19, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL

Real women have real bodies with lotsa curves so I can hug'em really tight and not get bruises!
  8. MNBud

Feb 15, 2007
    suburb of Mpls. Mn.
    Over the years I have been very happy with Don Hume or Galco holsters. They are both generally available online. I waited twelve weeks for a custom holster and the only true feature I wanted was 1 3/4" belt loops and he screwed that up, I ended up having to open the slots myself.:whistling:
  9. I'm not sure if they do black but, simply rugged does really nice work, I am expecting the holster I ordered for my G-21 next tuesday, I had them make one for my .460 and it fits the gun really well and it even holds that big X-frame close enough that I can conceal it with the right clothes.
  10. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    With intenet pricing, it just isn't smart for local stores to have large inventories like they use to. Quality OWB leather holsters are plentiful, there are nearly endless choices. Bianchi is okay. High end galco and Tucker gunleather are excellent. Keep in mind, none will perform well unless worn on a proper gunbelt. From your post, it sounds as though you don't yet know what you don't know (nod to Rumsfeld) about holsters. Take the plunge.
  11. Montblanc

Apr 28, 2007
    Bianchi model 82 carrylok
  12. I'd highly recommend the Tucker HF1, and/or the Alessi/or Ritchie Gunleather CQC-S style holster for deepest OWB concealment.

I find I can hide a big firearm with either of these almost as easily as with my Sparks VM2 holsters.
  13. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Aug 21, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    This is a Gould&Goodrich OWB, it's for my H&K, but they make this holster for the G22/G23 as well. Retention is amazing for an open top, and it's tough as nails. Also hugs the body perfectly. I'm only 5ft8" and 160lbs, and my fullsize HK vanishes under a loose fitting T-shirt.

+1 on the above post on gunbelts! Get a GOOD gunbelt, otherwise your holster side will droop bad, and be very uncomfortable.

Also a +1 on the top-line Galco gear, good stuff! And their customer service is fantastic.
  14. MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    CQQR By Ritchie Leather, in stock at topguns supply
  15. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    I have a Don Hume H721 for each pistol I own. They are a great value and hold up well to daily carry.

like someone above mentioned the Bianchi 82 is a great holster also.
  16. LT642

Oct 19, 2008
    I agree with the Ritchie holster suggestions. I have one I bought a few months ago, they are making holsters that are on par with the holsters Lou Alessi made when he was still with us.
    Great stuff!
  17. Pure Kustom, Tucker, Milt Sparks
  18. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
  19. DRJ1911

Jun 30, 2011
    I have a Adams leather pancake and mag carrier on order for my G30. Eric does very good work.

20. +1 on NM Holsters. For $75, you'll not find a better designed and made holster. Mine was made for the 17 and works just fine for the 23.

The only holster I like better is Brommeland but they are twice as much--and worth it if you are a committed leather snob.