close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't decide.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Armedleprechaun, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Armedleprechaun

Armedleprechaun
    Expand Collapse

I'm torn between the S&W M&P and the FNH FNS. I like the M&P because of the ergos, and track record. However, the FNS is tempting. It comes standard with Trijicon night sights. Also, I've heard great things about the FNS trigger. That being said, after market support for FNH handguns hasn't been so great. It would be used for the range, HD and occasional carry. Thoughts?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Comedian

Comedian
    Expand Collapse

Most of what I've been reading on various forums, is good with regard to the FNS. It will be my next pistol purchase.

3. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

Post this on the smith forum and you'll get your answer! :rofl:

4. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild
    Expand Collapse

FNH has horrible aftermarket options. I might sell my FNP for the fact that finding holsters that I like is nearly impossible.

5. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

I've recently picked up an FNS-9, and am still in the break-in period with it. I wish that I would have waited just a bit longer, because TXPoff posted something from their catalog which showed a "compact" version of FNS, as well as a safety-less version. The latter may only be for LE use, however.

Anyhow, Safariland, Galco, Remora, Comp-Tac all make holsters to fit this platform.

The trigger is OK for me. I will always regard Glock to be the standard in striker-fired DAO triggers, so I've been working to become familiar with the one on FNS.

To me, the FNS is a hybrid in size, with the barrel length of a G19, and the grip size of a G17. The grip texture is also pretty aggressive.

The sights are outstanding--narrow front sight / deep "V" rear sight, and Trijicon lamps to boot!

17-round magazines X3 included, and the real bonus is what I found out recently from a video I saw regarding the .40SW model: the receivers are exactly the same, so you'll be able to convert with just a slide/barrel upper.

I'd recommend trying one out to see if you like it at all, and then check out Davidson's or Slickguns to see if you can find one at a decent price.

6. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL
    Expand Collapse

Get the smith ...:supergrin:

7. TN.Frank

TN.Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Glock4Life

If you can't make up your mind between those two you could always say "Screw it" and get a Beretta PX4 Storm. For a "Plastic Fantastic" they're really great guns. :supergrin:

8. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

I'd probably gravitate towards the S&W.

9. Armedleprechaun

Armedleprechaun
    Expand Collapse

Thanks everyone. Keep the feedback coming

10. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Its close, but I'd probably go with the Smith.

11. 257 roberts

257 roberts
    Expand Collapse

don't know anything about the FNS but I do have a S&W M&P 40c and its a very well built gun,its holding up very well so far (just sold my Gen 4 23 cause I like the S&W better)

12. hsprincipal

hsprincipal
    Expand Collapse

I would go with the Smith.

13. Glock40man

Glock40man
    Expand Collapse

Another vote for the M&P.

14. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

I tried to be funny in my above post but with a serious response I'd probably go with the M&P.

15. WarEagle32

WarEagle32
    Expand Collapse

I'd go with the FN. I almost bought an FNX 9. Went with a CZ 85 Combat and it was the best gun choice I ever made. I will buy an FN though one day. I'm not a big fan of the M&P trigger.