close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Can't confirm not deny hopefully not true re: Walmart

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by spsmith713, Jan 13, 2013.

1. spsmith713

spsmith713

Dec 8, 2012
    I'm hoping so, that's why I made sure to point out I couldn't confirm nor deny the article.

2. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    I highly doubt they will stop selling ammo. They know that if they don't sell it, someone else will. Why cut profits.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. gLOCK2314

gLOCK2314

Dec 27, 2012
    I know Walmart has raised their prices across the board on ammo. I know its how the market works but I really wish all the paranoids would settle down. I've only recently become a gun owner but so far its been a hell of a time finding my gun and now ammo.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  4. spsmith713

spsmith713

Dec 8, 2012
    Think it will only get worse or continue this way for the foreseeable future unfortunately. Too many people buying 50 boxes at a time, failing to realize they are screwing their own. Oh well, good luck & hope score ammo soon.

5. lpo

lpo what?!?!?!?!?

Dec 5, 2003
    Mississippi
    I work at Walmart. As of today, our store has put in multiple orders from manufacturers. They haven't been shipped because there is nothing to ship. Same with the ar-15's and other hot ticket items we have ordered but not received. I have not heard of even the rumor that we are going to stop selling ammo or ar's, unless the law prohibits us from selling it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. spsmith713

spsmith713

Dec 8, 2012
    Thanks for your input

7. lpo

lpo what?!?!?!?!?

Dec 5, 2003
    Mississippi
    Our recent orders have taken the bulk buying into account. We're buying more, but displaying less with all new orders. My guess is they want to have more people getting some, rather than a few people getting all simply because each person that comes to buy ammo, might buy other stuff whil they are in there. This is only a guess, not anything confirmed.

8. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    Good idea.
    I am tired of people buying every box of ammo, or box of primers. there is someone on GT boasting he has something like 20,000 primers. And that is why no one else can get them and the pries rise....

I talked to Bill at On target ammo. They would be working overtime, but brass/cases are getting hard to find.

9. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Walmart is the largest gun and ammo seller in the US. I find it hard to believe they will not sell anything gun related voluntarily. They are in business to make a profit. Shocking!

10. lpo

lpo what?!?!?!?!?

Dec 5, 2003
    Mississippi
    The only wild card is this :

Walmart just had a big talkin to with the White House ( if I'm not mistaken). Who in the hell knows what was said or threatened at that little pow-wow.

11. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    I wish people would quit getting their news from blogs. Seriously, people. There's already multiple threads like this and I'm sure there is going to be tons more now.

I hope it's true. Walmart's ammo prices suck anyway. Will be more stock for online sellers.

12. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I doubt it.

They are probably just not going out of their way at the moment to hunt it down or pay more than normal due to the increased demands.

The two Walmarts near me stock a pretty decent selection of ammo, and have the best prices around. I buy alot of ammo from Walmart.

13. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    So the manager at the store he was at this morning called WM home office on the spot and spoke to someone who told her they were not ordering any more ammo nationwide.........

And yet the fact that the country's largest seller of ammo stops ordering it to thus stop selling it, in the middle of a nationwide debate on a possible new AWB that might be introduced with days and this does not make the nation news.....

That manager must have some awesome connections at WM home office. On a Saturday no less when WM home office is basically closed......

Yeah that makes all kinds of sense..... :)

14. Well all I know is that my local Wal-Mart is out of almost every popular caliber. Sucks trying to find anything around the county here lately.

15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I have shooting supplies that I have bought over the last several years. So me saying that I have multiple thousands of anything is not an issue. You have the issue. Get off your ass and go buy things ahead of time and quit biotching about people who had the fore sight that you didn't. :upeyes:

16. WEATHERBY460

WEATHERBY460

Feb 18, 2005
    ILLINOIS
    its like this.....walmart is not taking ammo orders...but rather they are alotting so much ammo to each store...thats what the guy told me at walmart when i bought my 223 ammo on thursday

17. Swipter

Swipter

Jan 5, 2013
    This can't go and won't go on forever. Just like everything else, once the rush is done (and regardless of what Washington does) prices will go back down and supplies will go back up once people regain there sanity. It will take a while but it will happen. Just like gas when prices get high people stop buying and price goes down. The public has ultimate control on this matter. If they don't buy at $XX per box then the prices drop accordingly or a sale happens. I think patience is key here.

18. If, note I said IF Wal-Mart, probably one of if not the largest retail seller of ammo WAS to stop selling ammo, that inventory would simply be available for someone else to sell.