close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

cannot delete file

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jboy434, May 29, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434

Jan 2, 2007
    virginia
    i am trying to delete something but everytime i try it says bgshellext.dll: access denied. how can i delete this?

2. Is it part of a program? The program might need to be uninstalled instead of deleting part of it.

3. Did you install a program from BullGuard or have it in your Programs folder?

4. jboy434

jboy434

Jan 2, 2007
    virginia
    yes it was from bullguard. is bullguard a bad program to use? what is a good antivirus? thanks for the help.

5. jboy434

jboy434

Jan 2, 2007
    virginia
    yes it was from bullguard.i uninstalled it and everything but it still wont let me delete this single file. is bullguard a bad program to use? what is a good antivirus? thanks for the help.

6. AVG is an excellent anti virus. It's one of the best right now.

7. Toyman

Toyman

May 6, 2003
    West Michigan
    The file is a shell extension, which means it's currently loaded in the shell (Explorer). You'll need to either delete it from a command line on startup or find and delete its registry entry so it doesn't load on a reboot.

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    How I miss windows.. ;)

Could he delete in Safe Mode?

IGF

9. GlockBY

GlockBY

May 8, 2003
    new england