close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

can you convert a Glock Sport-Combat OWB holster to an IWB

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by brewed, Oct 17, 2012.

1. brewed

brewed

Oct 17, 2012
    Good day all!

I'm new here and is about to purchase a Glock Sport-Combat holster for my G19. Just wondering if it could be converted into an IWB holster. There are quite a lot of holsters holsters that may be used as both IWB and OWB but none are made by Glock. Could anyone help me on this.

Much appreciated, thanks and keep it safe all

2. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    First off, Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Attach a leather loop to either side of the holster, stuff said holster in your pants, run your belt through the loops, and there you have it. May not be the best solution, but it should work until something better comes along. Good Luck.

3. March817

March817

May 12, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I remember somebody posting a picture of their IWB conversion, so it's at least possible.

4. brewed

brewed

Oct 17, 2012
    Thanks for the reply guys. Actually there are lots of custom made kydex holsters here that are both IWB and OWB and costs not as much. The thing is Glock holster carries the name :) that's why I am considering one if only I could use it both inside and outside the waist. Thanks

5. scattershot

scattershot

Nov 15, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Yes, you can convert it. I've seen the plans, I think here not too long ago. It involves cutting one of the belt loops to fit outside your pants.

6. Not mine, but found it in about 2 seconds with a google search.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSxxa0SA_7g"]Glock Sport Combat Holster IWB Mod - YouTube[/ame]

7. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Feb 15, 2006
    Las Vegas
    I took the metal IWB clips off of a poorly made hybrid holster and put them on my sport holster.

Carried my G26 that way for a day.

My Crossbreed SuperTuck was far more comfortable so I returned the clips to a drawer and I haven't a clue where my sport holster is now.

8. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    It might "can be done", but don't know why you'd want to when there are better choices out there. Just because it says "Glock", doesn't mean that's what you should use.

The Glock Sport Holster is only a so-so OWB holster. Trying to convert it to IWB, you're just going downhill.

9. I don't know about converting to IWB, but I've been wearing mine outside and getting a very tight fit that hardly prints at all by: 1) heating the holster and bending the belt slots to suit your draw side (right hand, left hand) and then, 2) running my belt up from BEHIND the holster, through the back belt loop and then over the top and through the front belt loop. In a 4 o'clock position it's VERY hard to see unless you bend over and reach for something to your left (because I'm right handed).

I agree that the Glock name is also reassuring because the gun (G26 Gen 4) slides in and fits tight but also can be drawn pretty fast. My only regret is that I didn't discover this about 5 holsters and $250 ago.

10. Here's a photo of one. He cut off the flaps and added a belt loop, and I think a little trimming here and there.

[​IMG] G26andmodifiedholster1.jpg

Attached Files:

11. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    Not the best way to do it, that holster will have a very short service life due to the owners "modifications".

A better way is you buy/make some "IWB Tuckable Soft Loops" like these from RC:
    http://www.ravenconcealment.com/acc...e-modular-accessories-iwb-tuckable-soft-loops

Mount them to the slots on the holster and you're good to go without cutting the holster up. Allows the ride height and cant to be adjusted to suit the user.

12. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah, the Glock sport holster is a great super cheap OWB holster. Sure you can mod it to make yourself an IWB, but then you're basically just scavenging parts and building holsters. If that's what you're into, go for it. But it is really meant to be worn outside your waistband. And it works quite well that way, keeping your gun close, completely suitable for concealed carry with the right clothing.

13. That looks pretty good.

14. garebel

garebel

Mar 19, 2005
    Metro Atlanta
    The Glock Sport Combat is actually an excellent OWB holster, performing quite well for the purpose in which it was designed.

15. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    For daily carry, I'd rather have something like a Serpa, where somebody couldn't just walk up and pull it out of the holster (if I was carrying OWB).

For competition, it just plain sucks.

Nah... I'll stick with my previous statement, it's a "so so" holster.

16. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
  17. garebel

garebel

Mar 19, 2005
    Metro Atlanta
    It was not designed, nor advertised, as a level two or three retention holster, or serious competition holster.
    It is designed for, and works remarkably well as, a close riding, lightweight, inexpensive holster that offers retention that most here seem to find acceptable to very good.

Of course you are certainly entitled to your opinion :wavey: