close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

can the X5 Tactical be converted from 9mm to .40?

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by irontexan27, Jun 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. irontexan27

irontexan27

Dec 14, 2009
    I am contemplating purchasing a Sig X5 tactical, but would prefer it be chambered in 40s&w.

As stated I am wondering if the Sig X5 tactical can be converted to 40, and if so what would be involved in doing so.

I know there are versions of the X5 available in 40 but I prefer the tactical for the night sights, the rail, and the black.

Granted I could get one of the P226's but if an X5 tactical 40 conversion is a viable option, that is the route I would prefer to go.

2. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Look into the P226 Tactical Operations.

3. irontexan27

irontexan27

Dec 14, 2009
    Thanks Cobra64. I had looked at the P226 TO and that was my "next in line" choice.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Dang, usually people are looking to do the opposite.

5. NYresq

NYresq

Feb 18, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    the cut in the breach face in 9mm wont be wide enough for a 40 rim. with a conversion barrel some pistols can be converted from 40 to 9 by centering the 9mm in the wider breach face slot, but it wont work the other way around.

If you really wanted to do it, you would have to buy a whole slide assembly, and new mags... Which all of that from sig would probably be more then half the cost of a new pistol.